• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i have never gotten an award in my 6 years of high school and i swear they give 50-80 people awards each year in each cohort.
i get jealous cause there's people on track for 80 atars getting pointless awards and then im there without getting a single one, not tryna be arrogant, but like ive done better than most of them.
and i hate seeing them getting regonition when i dont get any.
i came 7th in year 11 overall which is like low 99 atar normally
and im worried im just gonna stuff everythign up in hsc and then the only recognition i ever get is a mediocre atar at the assembly.

breadcrumbs

HSC
does knowing ur ranks change anything like study wise for u guys or like motivate u more bc my school refuses to give us our ranks and i feel like itd be nice to know where im at compared to everyone else

scaryshark09

HSC
and its like i dont expect my english to be good, so math is gonna have to carry alot and i dont have the best ranks in them

scaryshark09

HSC
but also like i was estimated 95 in engo after internals and then my entire cohort just flopped the hsc. we have gotten a few state ranks before and usually get 96-98 highest, but our year got 94 highest 💀

carrotsss

HSC
i have never gotten an award in my 6 years of high school and i swear they give 50-80 people awards each year in each cohort.
i get jealous cause there's people on track for 80 atars getting pointless awards and then im there without getting a single one, not tryna be arrogant, but like ive done better than most of them.
and i hate seeing them getting regonition when i dont get any.
i came 7th in year 11 overall which is like low 99 atar normally
and im worried im just gonna stuff everythign up in hsc and then the only recognition i ever get is a mediocre atar at the assembly.
the award part is definitely rough I get what u mean, esp when you’re doing a lot of harder subjects it can be pretty rough not getting as many awards but at the end of the day for your atar the awards aren’t the important part. obvs it still sucks but the awards are a temporary satisfaction like sure you’ll feel good when you get them but you won’t look back on ur school award in some subject when ur 30

trust me even if you stuff up completely the hsc, your atar from internals is already insanely good, to put things into context you’re already beating last years dux from a lot of our schools. you won’t get a ‘mediocre’ atar no matter what

scaryshark09

HSC
i remember u said or ur friend said u came first in 4u trials
nah so 4u is a long story
i came first in my class for 4u trials, and im in the top class, but there were 3 people in the B class that beat me rip
i came 1st in one task, 2nd in another, 4th in trials overall, but then i completely flopped half yearly and was ranked like 9-10 which was worth 30% (same as trials)
meanwhile, literally everyone else got like 90% in half yearly while i got 73%.
i beat most people in all those tasks, but they beat me in just one task (the half yearly) and now im ranked 5th which is fine idk

scaryshark09

HSC
the award part is definitely rough I get what u mean, esp when you’re doing a lot of harder subjects it can be pretty rough not getting as many awards but at the end of the day for your atar the awards aren’t the important part. obvs it still sucks but the awards are a temporary satisfaction like sure you’ll feel good when you get them but you won’t look back on ur school award in some subject when ur 30

trust me even if you stuff up completely the hsc, your atar from internals is already insanely good, to put things into context you’re already beating last years dux from a lot of our schools. you won’t get a ‘mediocre’ atar no matter what
yeah thanks
i think its just annoying how ive "played" the HSC.
like physics and business in year 11 were so good for me (rank 2 and 3, estimated 94 and 96). i got like 95% in phys yr 11. then i spent year 12 doing physics until trials and then just dropped it.
i also had the massive physics depth study which took all of my time, which made me focus so much on it earlier before i dropped it, and i completely ignored business and got a horrible mark in busienss as a result.
now i am =6 in business, and the annoying thing is that without that one task, i would have been beating rank 1, so its just that one task that stuffed me alot (it was worth so much for little marks) (edit: and i would have done well in that task if i wasnt spending all my time on physics which i dropped anyway)
and anyway, i ended up just dropping physics before i even got my mark (probs a mistake)
and i put so alot of effort into math adv last year to get 98, but it wont even count.
dont get me started on engo...

what im saying is that my efforts in year 11 and 12 are not going to be represented in my atar imo due to a mixture of the accel math and engo, as well as physics.

anyway i think im done now. sorry for the rant

synthesisFR

HSC
nah so 4u is a long story
i came first in my class for 4u trials, and im in the top class, but there were 3 people in the B class that beat me rip
i came 1st in one task, 2nd in another, 4th in trials overall, but then i completely flopped half yearly and was ranked like 9-10 which was worth 30% (same as trials)
meanwhile, literally everyone else got like 90% in half yearly while i got 73%.
i beat most people in all those tasks, but they beat me in just one task (the half yearly) and now im ranked 5th which is fine idk
nah for me with english i was doing rlly well i came near the top in the first task, then i did kinda bad but not horrible in the second task, then i flopped mod C task (75%) bc i did it 2 days before and reflection literally one hour before it was due, then i did well for the fourth task and then for trials i did rlly well but that wasn't enough to save me from my destroyed rank bc of mod c rip

scaryshark09

HSC
i also need to remember that regardless of internals, every single mark i can gain in the HSC will be of benefit to my atar. i need to stop fixating on marks and numbers, and instead just study! lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)