Pronumerals (1 Viewer)

Makematics

HSC
I know this is random, but what is the largest number of pronumerals you have ever encountered in a maths question? this just crossed my mind while doing mechanics. i've seen a question with around 13 different pronumerals.
i think they were:
c (constant of integration), g (gravity), h (height), k (constant of proportionality), m (mass), t(time), T(time at a certain point), U(velocity at a certain point), v(velocity at time t), x (displacement at time t), V (Initial velocity), u (terminal velocity). and there was some other constant

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I am confused, when you say pronumerals are you saying constants? Eg. G represents the universal gravitational constant.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Pro numerals would be, a, b, c, ..... Constants are different.

Makematics

HSC
I am confused, when you say pronumerals are you saying constants? Eg. G represents the universal gravitational constant.
yeh i was just explaining what each pronumeral was used for. some pronumerals are not constant (x,v,t)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
At first I read what is the largest number in a pronumeral you've seen. Now I understand. So I'm guessing questions in subparts don't count.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pro numerals would be, a, b, c, ..... Constants are different.
Some constants are represented by pronumerals for ease of computation.

ie: g=9.8 is often used in various physics-related problems.

Makematics

HSC
At first I read what is the largest number in a pronumeral you've seen. Now I understand. So I'm guessing questions in subparts don't count.
they do count, but only if it's related. an example is a mechanics question. but it wouldnt count if it was like a full hsc question divided into 3 parts on complex numbers, integration and volumes or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)