Protocol for not being taught a course? (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
Are there any measures you can take if you believe you have not been taught the course content or correctly at all? Like, can you apply to the BOS for exemption or atleast an investigation.

This isn't for me by the way.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I bloody hope so. We didn't get told that we need to know TWO types of religious rites for studies of religion and now we all have to learn a second one before the exam...

phil2010

HSC
N/A
The syllabus has been on the BOS website for ALL to read.

You can blame the teacher :mad1: , but you can also blame yourself for not being informed. :bomb:

geegables

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
I bloody hope so. We didn't get told that we need to know TWO types of religious rites for studies of religion and now we all have to learn a second one before the exam...
Dont stress too much, from what i have been told by my teacher, this is the last year of the Current Religion Syllabus and the only reason you really learn two rites is because in one year they strictly asked you to write an essay selecting from only TWO of the THREE rites. So, the study of two rites is only really as a safety in case a question similar comes up and the TWO rites you have to choose from wasnt the rite you studied.

But as i said, dont worry because evident through the CSSA trial theyll most likely get lazy this year and just let you choose any rite of your choice

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Nope. If you felt as if you werent being taught the course then you should have complained to your school before and they may be able to do something about it or you could have just studied the course by yourself.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
phil2010 said:
The syllabus has been on the BOS website for ALL to read.

You can blame the teacher :mad1: , but you can also blame yourself for not being informed. :bomb:
I think I would rather blame the teacher... after all it is their job to teach us what we need to know. We shouldn't have to check every syllabus dot point for every course we do to make sure the TEACHER is doing their job. I loved my teacher, she is a really lovely woman, but I almost died when I went over past papers and read the questions. I would say that around 3/4 of my grade don't know that we weren't taught everything we need to know.

And Sgs2006, until I started studying in stuvac and doing past papers, I didn't know we weren't taught the whole course, so it makes it a bit difficult and pointless to complain about it now. We don't have a choice anymore, and we now have to learn the extra stuff by ourselves

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you believe that you haven't been taught the full course you can complain to the BOS who will investigate your claim.

If upheld then your entire class will get special consideration and the Principal of the school will get taken to task because he/she has already told the BOS that all syllabi have been taught completely.

On the other hand I always issue to my students copies of the syllabus (the pages relating to the options I am teaching along with assessment pages and other information and this is standard at my school). When I finish a topic I ask my students to go through the content page from the syllabus to tick off that we have covered everything - for their peace of mind and mine. If they don't bother then that is their look-out but so far no one has come to me and said 'We haven't covered so and so'.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
more UAI for me!! :D lol

should've said something way before marks have been determined... if u went well in ur internals... u should b alright for the hsc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)