P's test (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Drive like a weary old person. Pretend your passenger could die from a heart attack from any type of sudden movement/hazard.
Act like you really care about the road rules by CONSTANTLY checking your mirrors
Overdo checking your blind spots when changing lanes
Make sure you stay 5km under the speed limit at all times, in case you speed up accidentally so you have time to come back down.
Keep both hands of the steering wheel the whole time
Make sure you keep with that 3 second gap rule.

Have fun!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There's usually a stop sign at the exit of an RTA branch so watch out for that.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Use your common sense, and be prepared to manage hazards. For instance during my test, people pulled out on to the wrong side of the road out of a bottleshop during my test. They love it when you you manage all the random hazards well. If you're at intersections that are on a slope, it's best to do a handbrake start so they can't possibly say you rolled back (which they dock marks for). Always scan the side streets. Watch out for school zones if going through them in test times. Make sure you always fully remove your handbrake in one movement. Always indicate with enough time and wait for long enough at stop signs.

Really if you've done the hours, the main thing is to keep your nerves in check. Don't think about passing or failing during it, most small mistakes are only a point/s docked and not an auto fail and surprisingly you can rack up quite a few minor points off and still pass.

I have to go get my green Ps in like 5 weeks haha So glad I don't have to do another driving test.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Use your common sense, and be prepared to manage hazards. For instance during my test, people pulled out on to the wrong side of the road out of a bottleshop during my test. They love it when you you manage all the random hazards well. If you're at intersections that are on a slope, it's best to do a handbrake start so they can't possibly say you rolled back (which they dock marks for). Always scan the side streets. Watch out for school zones if going through them in test times. Make sure you always fully remove your handbrake in one movement. Always indicate with enough time and wait for long enough at stop signs.

Really if you've done the hours, the main thing is to keep your nerves in check. Don't think about passing or failing during it, most small mistakes are only a point/s docked and not an auto fail and surprisingly you can rack up quite a few minor points off and still pass.

I have to go get my green Ps in like 5 weeks haha So glad I don't have to do another driving test.
False. Even if you manage to avoid a potential accident they can and will InstaFail you on the grounds you shouldnt of put yourself in that situation.

Brother has been failed twice because of it.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Look on the RTA website and see what times you can book a test at the testing centre, more importantly see what times you can't as it is likely there is a test then (provided it is not lunch time or there are no tests at all on that day etc). Go to the RTA with your parent at that time and sit in the car near the entrance to the RTA carpark and watch for someone coming out of there doing their test (the instructor will be wearing a high vis vest etc). Then just follow that car (and if you have a GPS use it to map the route) and practice the route. Repeat as needed (as there are more than one potential route etc). You can basically just 'rote learn' the routes.

HSC
Lol. My parents wont do that for me

Hopefully there aren't any Asians driving.

It's auto so should be good. Also how do you check blind spots? Would you do it like a retarded fuckwit?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Also how do you check blind spots? Would you do it like a retarded fuckwit?
If turning left, turn head over left shoulder and look before merging/turning etc (to look for cyclists and such). If turning right, turn head over right shoulder and look. Yes, exaggerate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)