psychology at macquarie.. (1 Viewer)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
just wondering what it involves.. and the differences of this course compared with the course at sydney.. .

( easier to get into... *drools* )

thanks !

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
well if u get the uai u think ur goin 2 get after ur 1st assessment task, i suggest u post this thread on the UWS forum!!! LOL

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
both have multiple choice exams for first year. I know somebody that goes to Usyd and they seem to generally know the same stuff as us, but i do know it isn't the same book they use.

.. thats all i know. I guess you could say Usyd is more 'prestigious' so their psych is probably considered more 'prestigious'. But i don't really get what that means :/ Psych at Maq is pretty well known either way.

felafel

I hear that psych at MQ is the most popular program in the uni, i think they take in 750 students each year!?!?

and this means LOTS of staff so LOTS of research and thus if you do psych at MQ you can't go wrong!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Psych at MQ is the most popular, and it is ranked the highest in Aust, and 5th highest in the world or something equally impressive. Its like, you go to UNSW for Law, USYD for... umm... prestige?, and MQ for Psych.

Its a v. organised faculty, with an extensive choice in electives, and the lecturers are great! v. engaging, and they know what they are talking about (which always helps). They're not afraid to get into debates (and they always win)... generally, I'm v. happy with psych.

All the tests are 120 mulit choice, which sounds cruisy, until you're in there doing the actual test, and you realise how complex the topic you learnt was, and how all, bar one of the possibilities could be a potential answer. The assessments are ok (first year, you research the causes of road rage, and do two other essay-things...).

So, in short: Pick MQ, it kicks everyone elses ass!:D

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Psych at MQ is the most popular, and it is ranked the highest in Aust, and 5th highest in the world or something equally impressive. Its like, you go to UNSW for Law, USYD for... umm... prestige?, and MQ for Psych.

Its a v. organised faculty, with an extensive choice in electives, and the lecturers are great! v. engaging, and they know what they are talking about (which always helps). They're not afraid to get into debates (and they always win)... generally, I'm v. happy with psych.

All the tests are 120 mulit choice, which sounds cruisy, until you're in there doing the actual test, and you realise how complex the topic you learnt was, and how all, bar one of the possibilities could be a potential answer. The assessments are ok (first year, you research the causes of road rage, and do two other essay-things...).

So, in short: Pick MQ, it kicks everyone elses ass!:D
yea wat she said!!!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
mary jane is it really the best in australia???

i didnt noe that ... how awesome

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Thats what a lecturer (Franklin, I think has name is... he's the abnormal psych lecturer in PSY104) told us at the open day in 2003... and even if its changed since then, we'd still be beating bloody USYD at something! :D If its not us, it might be Monash.

felafel

ahahaha he's the "abnormal pysch lecturer"

yeah i sat in the psych lecture on info day 04 and the guy said how good MQ psych was / is

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
felafel said:
ahahaha he's the "abnormal pysch lecturer"

yeah i sat in the psych lecture on info day 04 and the guy said how good MQ psych was / is
i went 2 the accouting, ebusiness and hrm one!!! lol

i should of went pysch!

felafel

ahaha okay

i think what impressed me most was the CHOICE you pysch students have - up to 20 or so in the latter years?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i was more impressed with the ratio of gurls 2 guys being 4:1

now they r good odds

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
While we are on the subject of psych, is anyone doing PSY232. What books did u get from the list? the coursenotes are the only text and they look like a joke. For those who have already done it, what recommended books are actually worth getting for this course?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*Sigh*. I wish I dropped BBA instead of PSYCH..... but I just hated stats so much.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
So do I gtg... its so depressing I have to do it all over again this year... but not until second semester! And this time I'm determined to focus so I dont fail (again)!

Um, CP, I'm not doing PSY232, sorry! :(

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
see you guys at macquarie next year !

psychology here i come ! xD~~

( 4:1 .. better than i thought.. *drools* xD )

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
i was told psych@syd sucked pretty much
well from the people that've done it anyways.
nsw was better i was told
meh

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
actually macquarie is good for psych (or so i heard from unbiased sources, ie. non-macquarie people).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)