public school (1 Viewer)

victoria10

HSC
everyone here seems too go to a private or catholic school.
like dont get me wrong, they are all good schools, from what i have heard. but I go to a public school and like everything seems really different to what we do at our school and what the majority of us study at school.

also anyone here no which school would be the best on northern beaches.

dougieblow

HSC
not really. religion is compulsory at catholic schools/ you have to go to chapel, also some catholic school don't have the society & culture course because it underminds the schools religous beliefs ergh. freshwater is probabley the best school on the beaches except manly selective, killarney owns too. bye

victoria10

HSC
ohhh ok.
like i mean the lines at cromer were like not like aviation and chemistry and all.
it's just weird that everyone has really like i guess ahrd subjects compared to me.

speedofsound

HSC
I go to public school and love it. Willoughby Girls FTW.

I personally would hate to go to a private/catholic school, no way I'd want to take religion as a subject. Missing out on S&C would be a shame too.

HSC
i go to public too. selective though

smartest students in nsw go to public schools.. (generalisation)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
public schools rock! and ditto muffinman, he's right.

sciencetracks

HSC
what gave you the impression of everyone here going to a private or catholic school?

HSC
sciencetracks said:
what gave you the impression of everyone here going to a private or catholic school?
hey sciencetracks if u dont mind me asking which school do you go to ??

cHoke-meh

HSC
Private Catholic! Sucks though, you don't get what you pay for really. I've only got two really good teachers, Science and English. The rest are asses who have NFI on what they talk about.

Last edited:

rolror88

HSC
N/A
cHoke-meh said:
Private! Sucks though, you don't get what you pay for really. I've only got two really good teachers, Science and English. The rest are asses who have NFI on what they talk about.
Same here. Except mine's Private Catholic.. Teachers all suck except for English. Most of them are hopeless at teaching; some I questoin their qualifications. It's all like a lottery when you get your teachers for the new year.

The only benefit is that its an almost perfect environment for self study. :D

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
i go to merewether high school in newcastle, it's public and selective. although the place gives me the shits sometimes, it's generally a good place to be.

aimhigh10

HSC
victoria10 said:
everyone here seems too go to a private or catholic school.
like dont get me wrong, they are all good schools, from what i have heard. but I go to a public school and like everything seems really different to what we do at our school and what the majority of us study at school.

also anyone here no which school would be the best on northern beaches.
i dont know how many people would agree with me when i say this but i dont think that the school you has a major impact on your hsc
i guess that as long as you try your hardest you can do well wherever you are
theres actually an advantage in public schools as you have more time to study instead of doing homework for those zillion hours

not being boastful in any way, i go to a private school and i am seriously drowning in work
sometimes i really wish that i wasnt at the school i am at just for the sake of not having to do as much work as we have to do
we dont have any time to study..

just follow the board of studies syllabus points for any subject and you will be doing the same as any catholic or private school
my school pretty much only covers the syllabus, just giving us heaps of assignments
the only good thing is that when you do the research properly you generally remember the topic
but it would be better to have more time to study during the year
rather than make it a rush in the last few weeks

sry i dont really know many schools on the northern beaches..

Last edited:

victoria10

HSC
oh i just sorta had the impression because everyone was talking about full on private and catholic schools and no public i was like ohh im by myself.
lol.

but its ok. im not alone :)

alexvision

HSC
Wow, I feel out numbered,

Private schools FTW

I went to a private school in year 6 after having bad teachers since year 2. (Greenwich Public) I've had good teachers ever since. Although I did find that there has been a much larger workload (compared to friends in public schools) but it's still manageable. Also the assessments are apparently easier at public schools. (not sure how it compares to selective cause these are non-selective publics)

I'm not sure how the compare in the long run but I like private schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)