Pushing the limit.. (1 Viewer)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
me dads M5 vmax is 334kmh
That seems a bit much. If that's a speedo reading, then it could easily be 315 or so. Still a monumental speed, though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds more like just something they put on the speedo- not what the car is actually capable of (IMO).

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
All I can say is 300+km I hope to god you were on a closed track.

On the flip side I suspect at that speed a fixed camera might not be able to get a clear shot and that a patrol car/bike certainly couldn't catch up. Though they could call a chopper or have other units intercept you further down the road.

Jiga

On the flip side I suspect at that speed a fixed camera might not be able to get a clear shot
Problem is to be doing those kind of speeds you would have to be in a relatively unique car, so as long as they can barely read part of your plate chances are your gooooone.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I found out yesterday the speeds. Thanks must go to the constable who pulled me over doing 117km/h in an 80 zone. :| Thanks must also go to the fact he let me keep my licence and only took away 3 points.

15-30km/h: 3 points and $231
30-45km/h: 4 points, automatic 3 month suspension and $590
45km/h + : 6 ponts, automatic 6 month suspension and $1589
60km/h + : Max $2200 fine, Max 9 month jail, 12 months to Unlimited Licence disqualification.

pottsy44

HSC
Raiks said:
I found out yesterday the speeds. Thanks must go to the constable who pulled me over doing 117km/h in an 80 zone. :| Thanks must also go to the fact he let me keep my licence and only took away 3 points.
same thing happened to me and i only had me red p's for a month and a half. have now had my greens for 13 months. i was doing 125km/h in a 70 zone but got clocked at 102km/h and the cop only took 3 points away. i learnt my lesson that day. but every now and again ill do something stupid (which isnt a good thing).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Grimesy said:
They are but you can request to get it unlimited
We've had to go offsite to get our speed limiters removed- Benz and BMW won't do it for you; not even the official workshops/mechanics will do it because of liability.

Either you know a dealer which does it- or you've never actually tried asking them to remove the speed limiter.

EDIT: I'm referring to the cars in general; maybe there's a special option for the M5/M6 in some countries...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)