Q26 - Distribution strategies (1 Viewer)

What did you write about in regards to 'Distribution channels'?

• Total voters

Alvik

HSC
What did you write about? I'm beginning to get worried.

I started writing on exporting then realised it might be wrong, so I wrote about selective distribution

Now people are talking about producer->wholesaler->retailer blah blah

So what did you write in it?

cli62

HSC
ok i wrote about indirect exporting
and talked about producer-> agent or exportmanagement company -> importer -> consumer
thats pretty much the producer -> wholesaler-> retailer -> consumer right?
even though i didn't mention it like that... rofl
and i did selective too

JMelouney

HSC
Personally, I think the distribution strategy combined Distribution channels, channel choice, and assessing phsyical distribution issues.

She also needed to consider the reasons for intermediaries and retain a close relationship with her distributors if she wanted to become their "preferred" supplier.

Alvik

HSC
Bah. Tried to add a poll then phone rang, came back, pressed submit then this came up "You can only add a poll to a thread within 2 minutes of posting the thread."

@who

HSC
not sure , but i was reffering to the intensity of distribution within various channels as well as the way the g+s would be distributed.(i.e. selective distribution etc)

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
could use either:

distribution channel i.e. producer -> retailer -> consumer
OR
Channel choice i.e. selective, etc....

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
i spoken about distribution channel. talked about its adv and disadv.
adv. relatively close to market & consumers. easy to found out their needs and any changes. also using ntermediary (retailer) better then direct as they have greater nderstandign and knowledge of market.
dis. i said retailer may not be as good with customers as u. but said eliane fixed this thriugh reationship marketing. having good relationshi[p meant more likely to influence on business.

HSC
It said to choose ONE. Thus I thought it'd be fine going with any of those, since none are specified as strategies in the syllabus. I chose exclusive distribution and backed it up with three or four good reasons related to her business.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Distribution is such a broad area. Basically, IMO, it comes down to getting a product into the marketplace. E.g. This could be exporting, either indirect or direct or deciding which distribution channel to use. You can argue for both ways as the point is how to get it to the consumer.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
mcs-one said:
could use either:

OR
I agree with this.. however since in the stimulus they already commented on her using a distributor I'm leaning towards channel choice.

Alvik

HSC
Without Wings said:
Let me know what you wanted the poll to say i.e. question and choices and i'll fix it for you.
Just messaged

cheers

Shan4curry

HSC
mcs-one said:
could use either:

OR
I kinda merged them together. That question was a bit iffy considering there aren't any specific 'strategies' stated in the syllabus. Meh. =P

Laddle

HSC
this question was too broad, i found it hard just talk about"ONE".

they love emphasis on the fact that we have to do only one.

they should specify a minimal amount and then add "or more" to the end or "at least" to the start. it would make it so much easier to rant.

e.g. describe "at least " one distribution strategy..

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
It was too broad.. like explain ONE distribution strategy for the "overseas market" thats why i didn't do exporting because it's for the overseas market not Eliane distributing her product to the overseas market it's how they distribute it within there market....

:ninja: Don't worry we can always get the 15,000 students who did business studies and all go and burn down BOS.. or we can dance in a park filled with flowers... one or the other :ninja:

123delirious

HSC
I totally hated this question!!! I started doing export... then changed to selective distribution so I did half-half of each. I'm screwed :(

Campo92

HSC
WAT A JOKE OF A QUESTION!!!!!!! THE SECTION 3 WAS TERRIBLE.....every part was so SPECIFIC.... e-commerce, distribution strategies ????not even a syllabus point?????, and the source of funds one was alright.... but stilll thats screwed.... and also the section 4's weren't split into 2 parts they were just two full questions WTF

HSC
I said Selective, because this would give Elaine good positioning in the mind of the consumer, while still gaining good market exposure. my teacher was over the moon

jonaxiang

HSC
Agreed. I mentioned by channel choices and channel methods. God i hope we get scaled up. Maybe i'm just praying for a miracle

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Exporting/other methods of expansion
Intensive/selective/exclusive distribution
Producer->wholesaler-> blah blah
I'm mentioned all three, just to cover myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)