Q26 - Distribution strategies (1 Viewer)

What did you write about in regards to 'Distribution channels'?

• Total voters

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Petition about Question 26

Who here aside from me, is absolutely appalled by how this question was set out today?

How on earth can u discuss about distribution channels? when there are types (BE MORE SPECIFIC FFS!)

Financial wtf? there could be internal or external sources of fund or even Methods of international Expansion for financially managing the global question.

E-commerce? wtf? im not even going to start

No student in the state should lose out on their univeristy course, all because of the idiots who set such an atrocious question, even my teacher was appalled by such a question.

Pathetic BOS

Nasonex

Last edited:

kristynicola

HSC
Re: Petition about Question 26

i definitely agree!!! And so did my teacher.. said "it was hard to sink your teeth into" it was SO stupid. E-commerce... thats not even a dot point.. or a dash point? its a friken example? soo stupid. hopefully they'll mark that easily? what did you say for the methods of finance for expansion? that was so confusing...

and through the whole think they didnt ask anything about ethical and legal aspects. so angry.

:vcross::mad:

trao06

HSC

Argh I agree about the ethical & legal aspects, I could have crapped on about that for ages lol!

This question was just IUHE9GFHCBJSDFBIUWBFA!!!!!

Sangfroid

HSC
veloc1ty said:
It said to choose ONE. Thus I thought it'd be fine going with any of those, since none are specified as strategies in the syllabus. I chose exclusive distribution and backed it up with three or four good reasons related to her business.
Same here, pretty much.

HSC guy

HSC
i probably failed this question but for the distribution strategies i wrote she could use exclusive distribution with each distributor in their respective overseas market, she'd only sell to the one distributor in each market if in exchange they made her theyre preferred supplier, its the only thing i could think of took care of 2 birds with one stone, the distribution strategy part of the question and it also acheived the marketing objective, but i have a feeling i messed up this question

maries

HSC
yehhhhhhhhh agreed, they should have been way more specific than just saying "distribution strategy". That is so broad it isn't even funny.

partymaster01

HSC
N/A

Yes i agree we should be tested on the syllabus learning about other things is pointless

Rampager

HSC

I disagree, there was nothing particularly difficult about Question 26.

E-Commerce is a major part of today's business society, and was in the textbook I was given, pretty simple considering the verb "OUTLINE" which means "Not a whole lot of detail necessary"

Distribution strategies was alittle poorly worded, but no doubt they'll show equal amounts of love to the entire state who are probably split 50/50 on "Direct Exporting" or "Selective/Extensive/Intensive"

And if you had trouble with the Evaluate part of the question, well, good job on sucking? It was not ambigious at all that you had to state how to FINANCE the operation, not "methods of international expansion".

Decent question, problems with the "Explain" but no doubt the BoS will take that into account when they mark all the students answers.

Keep crying though, cause on BoredofStudies.org, the Board of Studies can hear you scream.

[I can't tell if the post above me is serious, if it is, holy mother of god.]

michael1990

HSC

I like the business question.
The only thing i didn't like was the e-commerce.

My business studies teacher said, we should of breezed through that exam like it was a walk in the park.
Hopefully we did :)

wilko2444

HSC
N/A

suck it in ladies, didnt think there was anything wrong with any of the questions nor my teachers or any one else ive talked to
ok it was distribution strategies - not channels
e-commerce is a significant part of the syllabus
and finance - simple pick a source of finance - yes it can be internal or external - whats ur problem?

tabbaa

HSC

ok i agree with the op.. i think that report question was alittle broad..

com'on ffs atleast put a stupid question not just

outline ::

this and that in your report.. and wtf distribution man i aws sitting there thinking is it intensive exclusive shit or exporting indirect or direct now wtf... the business clearly used the distribution channels and i assume ok she wasnt to export so i would say exporting..

wtff... stuff this question.. it hink i stuffed up hard...

very very very broad quesiton.. maybe one of bos fuck up.. good on ya board of studies.

tabbaa

HSC
guys it can no way be the distribution channel.. first of all she already established that.. but because of her marketting shit it was too time consumin..

soo it had to be exporting either direct or indirect..

fuck you board of studies for making this question a crappy question.. i loved section 4 xD 27 all the way..

tabbaa

HSC
Absolutezero said:
I'm mentioned all three, just to cover myself.
man u must have alot of time in your hand..

ffs...

hopefully i get approx 16/20 or possible a 15/20 and ill be happy.. if not board of studies is offically a slut in my list.

brad616

HSC
Did you have to talk about transporting, inventories and wharehousing?? I did but didnt go intot hat much detail:read:

mermer

HSC

..i didn't even think of direct exporting...but now that i do..it seems alright...couldn't u have put that AND selctive and all that crap? but nayway exporting is still a METHOD of expansion so dunno,..

freaksoutalot

HSC

lol omg get over it, we're all in the same boat n thuis will be marked accordingly.

i like the question personally.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

What the hell is the actual question? I think you need to post that up to show to people who actually forgot what Q 26 was.

Ameh0512

HSC

This question was probably the only one that threw me for a while. I have to agree it was pretty badly worded and very specific considering what we've learnt throughout the entire course, but hey, it's all over and done with now.
I know I went off on some strange random tangent half way through, but I feel I answered the question fairly well while addressing the necessary syllabus points.
HAZAA to the end of business studies!:apig:
Now on to journeys....

tabbaa

HSC

did anyone write personal selling + relationship marketing etc.. to maintain relation ship..

eg methods of acquiring funds

pre payment + letter of credit along with it because she was scared of her solvency

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)