Q3(a) WTF!!!! (1 Viewer)

香港!

HSC
LOL!
You will get 11x\120 easily for 4 Unit, AS IF "catastrophe"!!

hahaha
and I prefer dis fish, looks v. cool:)

rachey_poo

HSC
i agree with whoever it was that nicely quotes the Board of Studies.....i think i was lucky in that i'd done a past paper the night before, and copied the answer about halving the interval method from the back, and learnt it like that....
from the answers from the past paper:
if you halve the interval once..(ive forgotten what the values were from today..and i cant be bothered to lift the laptop off my lap and get up to find the paper...so from what ive read)
(0.7+0.8)/2 = 0.75
then, say g(0.75) >0 and g(0.7) <0 then, from the original two values, the zero is closer to 0.7, thus it is the approximation to the zero to one decimal place

sorry if this was really confusing....but it made sense as i spat it out, lol!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
xrtzx said:
wlm, u and slide rule are the smartest people on this forum. if u dont top both u'll fo shizzle get a top 10 ranking for both :)
I would class myself as one of the most tenacious and passionate people on these forums, however I think most intelligent is a stretch, considering one has to then wade into the murky waters of what it means to be intelligent.

Besides, it's the HSC. I'd much prefer to be looking at complex analysis or group theory. :(

wlm: What are you thinking of doing after the HSC and at which university?

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
^ in my book, all human beings (and as a species) are classified as 'intelligent'. however, in terms of intra-species differences, i would use the words 'clever', or 'smart', or 'witty', etc... as tools of description.

there's no doubt you're intelligent Slide_Rule, but you're also smart, clever, and the likes ;) . and i say that quite inequivocally.

p.s. and let me just take this opportunity to say congrats on becoming a forum moderator too :)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
The question is completely unambiguous. It states that you must use the method of halving the interval to find the value of the root to 1dp.

0.8 is incorrect, because it's NOT correct to 1dp, whereas 0.7 IS correct to 1dp.

There's no 2 ways about it.
xrtzx said:
WLM, is gonna top mx1 and mx2 this year, i'll put my money on that :D
Sorry, it's the curse, you can't do both, 1st in E2 <=> equal 2nd in E1

Last edited:

justchillin

HSC
All u had to do was half the interval twice then u found the new range was between 0.7-0.75 - hence the root had to be equal to 0.7 to 1dp...what's the confusion?
And wasnt 2003 2 years ago...somebody fill me in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)