qanda (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
I'm not saying he's making a compelling argument against carbon tax

but desperately trying to claim that some 'protests' by a bunch of mouth-breathers who protest at the drop of a hat is a better indication of public support than polls is hilarious

lol, she is the worst person

anyone who works at the UN is confirmed a giant socailist cunt
Yes but I thought atm it's fashionable to attack the argument we wish the other person had made.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
The Tory dude's argument had it's weakness' too, questions saying "do you want a tax" fail spectacularly, ones that say should Australian have a Carbon Tax tend to be narrow losers, ones that then mention the compensation even closer and ones asking if Australia should price carbon tend to say yes. It's popular support is a lot higher than the GST was in 1999. At any rate Hadid is a foreign policy expert not climate change/economics, she was branching out, so to speak.
foreign policy expert you're kidding me right?

Yeah Paterson's argument is weak given the prevalence of push polling but Hadid is obviously not a public intellectual by any stretch of the imagination

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Obviously she argued that poorly, but all this really shows is that Patterson probably took a lot more public speaking classes and moot competitions at high school and uni, his argument can be as easily picked apart as hers.

Nah it's actually all media training.

Lentern

HSC
foreign policy expert you're kidding me right?

Yeah Paterson's argument is weak given the prevalence of push polling but Hadid is obviously not a public intellectual by any stretch of the imagination
I've met her and I'm pretty sure she said she studied international relations at uni.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Isn't that kind of what being an expert is?
when I do my PhD there is a possibility I may be considered an expert
but yes some bitch with an arts degree is definitely an expert

muhahahahahaha

HSC
agree with Sylvester on this one. A person with an arts degree is not and should not be considered an expert...you need like a masters or PhD to be an expert. I think that maybe the guy should have given Hadid a chance to actually speak and finish her sentence at least..i mean he kept on cutting her off every five seconds. but at the same time, i think that her argument was quite weak. she wasnt entirely sure what the hell she was on about. He had a stronger argument but not flawless...he was just the better speaker imo.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
The left are so used to surrounding themselves with feel-good groupthink (especially for a muslim female, I bet no one ever pulled her up on her shoddy reasoning before) that it's almost offensive when an evil right wing white male dares to even question her

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Remember when he said there should be a plebiscite

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
white liberal women get all offended and shit when a white conservative male talks to them straight but secretly they are turned on big time

racism turns them on trust me they love it

Lentern

HSC
when I do my PhD there is a possibility I may be considered an expert
but yes some bitch with an arts degree is definitely an expert
Very well you use your arbitrary cut off point and I'll use mine.

Lentern

HSC
arbitrary lol

b/c mastery over a subject is an arbitrary matter
Well yes, I thought having completed tertiary studies in the area might have been an objective way to determine it but that is not popular it seems. Not gonna stop me telling people I'm an environmental law expert in two years time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)