• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Qantas Grounds Entire Fleet (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
i havent seen execs mentioned once in discussions about overseas salaries v australian salaries
Yes but that's because you're an idiot. Some might have thought references to the decisions made by "Qantas" were implied references to executives but not you.

boris

Banned
HSC
Losing more than a hundred million in 48 hours in order to avoid giving a pay increase, yeah way to go Qantas.
the pay increase i believe you were referring to was for engineers/pilots etc

You imply they won't have a different gambit up their sleeves. At any rate I am an internationalist, I have no problems with Australian jobs going overseas provided the overseas employee is still paid a reasonable wage for the work completed, and don't try and tell me that's going to happen with this asia thingy which he's denying.
once again referring to engineers/pilots
the average salary for a jetstar asia pilot is 9000SGD/mo. the average household income in singapore is around 4700SGD/mo.

assuming that the qantas model seeks to roughly replicate the jetstar asia model, is this reasonable enough for you? it doesn't seem like there is much exploitation going on, just a whole lot of australian self interest.
So they'd be getting a tenth or less of what a western pilot would get paid. And you don't find that exploitative?
sorry non-australian pilots, you don't have lentern's permission to earn ~$84,000AUD a year, because that's exploitation.
Don't put the onus on the workers you wanker, Very clearly i was referring to the execs.
lol yep of course you were you dumb cunt

Lentern

HSC
the pay increase i believe you were referring to was for engineers/pilots etc

once again referring to engineers/pilots

lol yep of course you were you dumb cunt
The Jetstar Singapore pilots wouldn't have decided their own wage you spaz.

boris

Banned
HSC
lol have some humility you wanker

you said something dumb, move on, learn from it

Lentern

HSC
lol have some humility you wanker

you said something dumb, move on, learn from it
You deliberately misinterpret something in some lame attempt to appear clever, someone calls out your bullshit then you tell me to have humility. Fuck off. I said Qantas going to Tin pot little developing countries and paying people a pittance for it was exploitative, somehow you in your mickey mouse world interpret that to mean I thought the pilots were exploiting someone. I thought David Barnes had moved on from this place.

boris

Banned
HSC
You deliberately misinterpret something in some lame attempt to appear clever, someone calls out your bullshit then you tell me to have humility. Fuck off. I said Qantas going to Tin pot little developing countries and paying people a pittance for it was exploitative, somehow you in your mickey mouse world interpret that to mean I thought the pilots were exploiting someone. I thought David Barnes had moved on from this place.
haha fuck off you little faggot. qantas just would just pay an appropriate salary for the job they are doing in their country. they dont set that salary, the market does. australian pilots are not competitive if they have to be paid 4 times as much for the same job. it isnt exploitive to use foreign pilots if they are being paid the equivalent salary for their country as an australian pilot would (similar ratio to the average wage).

the discussion as highlighted was talking about whether it was exploitive to pay some double the national average wage to be a pilot. the onus is on the pilots not he execs you moron. the execs dont set the salary you dickhead, the pilots do. they arent forced to fly for x salary, the choose to you fuckwit

once again, have some humility and fuckoff

HSC
i bet you could go out onto the street and find a bunch of (white men) australians who would be more than willing to work for the original salary

hell id do it

boris

Banned
HSC
yes they fucking have you dickhead
they dont have to fly if they dont want to
obviously they think their salary is reasonable or they strike/get new jobs

fuck you are so dumb

boris

Banned
HSC
dont you work in a fucking warehouse you no hoper cunt lentern

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

i certainly wouldn't want to be paid in stock or options. executives are responsible for maximising shareholder value, so wouldn't a better approach be some kind of qantas employee mutual fund? it would double as a voting bloc.
there are only two ways for a stock to be trading low over a long period
either
1. the market is bearish.
2. profit or future profitiability had dropped

in the first instance there is nothing to be done. so long as company profits remain stable dividends would still be paid out regardless of the share price.
in the second instance well you're fucked either way. decreased profit means that you'd either get a pay cut or the chop. so it's a lose-lose situation.

the whole idea of giving your employees shares in the company is that in effect they become part owners of the firm, so they won't do dumb shit, such as striking, that would seriously impact on the earnings of the company. they're likely to work harder as well.

boris

Banned
HSC
sitting back at night having a wank thinking about how blue collar you are

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
i bet you could go out onto the street and find a bunch of (white men) australians who would be more than willing to work for the original salary

hell id do it
qantas should bring in some poor starving aborigines to work for 80% of whatever the original salary was

then the extreme left (unions and their sympathisers) would be so confused whether it was good or bad their heads would explode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)