Quality of Commerce Teachers at UNSW vs Macquarie University? (1 Viewer)

sarah jones

HSC
So I know that UNSW ASB is supposed to be the best one but is this just for graduate studies?
Also, what parameters define it as being the 'best' - is it opportunities offered, quality of teachers, % of graduates finding employment,etc...?

Is there much difference in terms of the teaching and opportunities for commerce students at UNSW vs at Macquarie Uni?

thank you :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Well the definition bought being the "best" on this forum, is basically; word of mouth. Many UNSWers on this forums, and alot of them mention the great teaching that so appears in UNSW. Some teachers rub off better then others for different people, and each university has its "good and "bad" lecturers. It's really down to what your opinion ties in with everyone else's(there's a lecturer rating thread around the respective university section). There's a few Macquarie B.Comm students here too who have mentioned that Macquarie lecturers are just as good too, so yeah. In terms of opportunties offered,I think UNSW is a winner here,from what I've heard and seen on open days the Commerce related clubs are much more active at UNSW then Macquarie>which leads to better and more extra-cirrculars. There are also more and better competitions run at UNSW. % of graduates finding employment...well on the top tier job spectrum (with IB,Trading and the like) UNSW takes that front signficantly better.If your looking at more middle tier such as accounting I think both are pretty well placed to find a job although you might see more alumni from UNSW in top firms like the big 4, which can help bring a topic to talk about in interviews.(and that helps>because bonding>increased ever so lightly chance of getting job).

So the difference isn't really signficant unless your looking at top tier jobs, where being in UNSW DOES help. Look more towards distance travelling,vibe you get,your rating of social life,amount of asians you want to look at each day etc. If it comes down to you not being able to pick and your ATAR is fine for UNSW, then just go UNSW..competition there is...well competitive. And it just sounds better(lol).

HSC
Uni Grad
So the difference isn't really signficant unless your looking at top tier jobs, where being in UNSW DOES help. Look more towards distance travelling,vibe you get,your rating of social life,amount of asians you want to look at each day etc. If it comes down to you not being able to pick and your ATAR is fine for UNSW, then just go UNSW..competition there is...well competitive. And it just sounds better(lol).
LOOOOOOOOOOL

At UNSW and Macquarie you'll see tonnes and tonnes of Asians every day. They are pretty much both Asian filled unis.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
LOOOOOOOOOOL

At UNSW and Macquarie you'll see tonnes and tonnes of Asians every day. They are pretty much both Asian filled unis.
Ran a stall with my dad at conception day at Macquarie uni(some kind of party day), was there all day.Saw a significant amount of asians,but not enough compared to UNSW. Was trying to spot asian chicks,I wasn't disappointed...but there just weren't enough lol(especially when i went to UNSW open day., dayum) ;/ .Probably all studying at home compared to the caucasians.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Not many people are in position to answer this question well because it's unlikely that someone went to both university during their undergraduate period. And if you do find one, it's hard to tell since your result will not be too robust due to lack of data.

But if I have to say from my perspective, I hardly learnt anything from tutors/lecturers. Many that I had were so bad. Some tutors were impressive though but they are not in good supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)