Queensland State Election 09 (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What's an LNP believe in? I'm not sure about this arrangement. Nats are scum.

HSC
i have to get off my ass and vote, once i look up where the polling booths are haha

will be voting lnp for sure though

Lentern

HSC
I still think ALP, my revised estimate is 47-38-4. Might be a bit of a duh fred comment but I also expect the LNP to win the subsequent election should they not win this one. I liked Lady Flo's comment the other day, "I'm not about to tell you who you should vote for, that would be undemocratic, so I'll just say this. If the answers labor, it must have been a very silly question to begin with."

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
I don't know the circumstances of liberal/labor in QLD, however just because Labor has screwed over does not mean liberals are any better. Unless they have proved they can live up to community expectation and provide services in a professional manner when they were last in government, you should not vote for liberal.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Somewhat difficult to prove that when you haven't been in State Govt there for a long time.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's hard to prove much when you're in opposition for 3 terms. You have to judge an opposition on the perceived strength of leadership, what they say they'll do in government, and compare this to your relative impression of the incumbent.

An election inherently involves a leap of faith, more so when voting for a long-term opposition. The only proof parties can possibly provide of their ability is what they do when they're actually in office. An opposition can only ask for your trust in their ability.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Why do you always say it a thousand times better than I do, Graney? Stop stealing my thunder! :p

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The LNP is pretty damn socially conservative so I find it hilarious to see the board Libertarian cohort encouraging their success.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Bligh will be returned with a reduced majority. The polls are far too close, and will most likely push people to side with the devil they know.

spiny norman

HSC
My prediction:

Anna Bligh will win. It will be fairly close, but not as close as is expected.

Otherwise, Queenslanders' teeth will continue to rot away over the next 4 years. You choose!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My prediction:

Anna Bligh will win. It will be fairly close, but not as close as is expected.

Otherwise, Queenslanders' teeth will continue to rot away over the next 4 years. You choose!
3 years, and LNP has no policy against flouride.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I've always been puzzled by libertarians who support the Coalition.

Federally, I would say the Liberals are marginally the lesser of two evils.

But really, they are a long way from being liberal socially or economically.
Because everytime I start feeling apathy towards the two party divide Labor comes out and says something beyond retarded that cements me back to my position.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Auspoll exit poll across 22 marginal seats: Labor 45 per cent, LNP 47 per cent, Greens 5 per cent. Two-party preferred: 50-50.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Auspoll exit poll across 22 marginal seats: Labor 45 per cent, LNP 47 per cent, Greens 5 per cent. Two-party preferred: 50-50.
This is fucking mouthwatering.

I am actually squeeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)