Query about Q3 (1 Viewer)

saki

so how many texts are u guys planning to cover for question 3, paper 1?

i was thinking of doing one text from the stimuls booklet, one poem from immigrant chronicle (maybe 2) and 2 related texts.

total of 4 (maybe 5), it should be enuff right?

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
it depends on what they ask you for. they might tell you to do one extra material and two from the stimulus booklet..then you would be screwed

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yup, it's possible that they'll ask for 2 from the stimulus booklet so at least know a second one reasonably well just in case.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I try to write about 7 texts when doing that essay (4 poems, 1 stimulus booklet, 2 related), but I don't always do them seperately. In some cases, I write them as comparitive paragraphs (In The Park and Mother Who Gave Me Life work really well together, in giving opposing perspectives of motherhood. They're written twenty years apart, and thus illustrate Harwood's own changing self.), or discuss multiple texts while focusing upon a single technique (For instance, intertextuality, which is used in Father And Child and The Glass Jar, although the instance in The Glass Jar is a bit more subtle. I doubt I would have noticed if my teacher hadn't kindly pointed it out. [Thanks.]), so it usually works out. Hope it will for the HSC too.

Dangar

one poem from immigrant chronicle (maybe 2)
our teacher said we should definitely always mention at least two poems from immigrant chronicles for decent marks, and more if we wanted

Nezz

HSC
my teacher said definately two for immigrant chronicles, and then mention another one very briefly if you can

i.e this change ( or concept etc) is further explored in the poem... and then in one line say how (i.e through a quote)

This way you are providing more support for what you are trying to say, as well as writing about another text, without taking up very much time

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea i'm doing the introduction and 2 chapters from my core text, 2 supp text and 1 from stimulus booklet

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
two poems from skrzynecki.
my teacher said that's fine - any mmore, and ur pushing time, any fewer and ur pushing marks.

is a roflcopter
HSC
hmm shit
i've taken a different direction
i think im doing facets of change
and i've got tidbits from like 5 skrzypoems

+2 supps and sky high

and the door as backup but its weakass =/

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by saki
i was thinking of doing one text from the stimuls booklet, one poem from immigrant chronicle (maybe 2) and 2 related texts.
u should do 2 min from immigrant, because all 6/8/.. are your set texts, one isn't enough

i am doing a total of 5

Dangar

Originally posted by iambored
i am doing a total of 5
do you mean five skrzynecki poems?? cos if u do how the hell do you manage to write a decent amount about each one in 40mins?

Blondie

i was told to have 2 booklet texts prepared, because they havent asked it at all, so you never know. and def 2 related, but my place is crappy, so ill just do stuff from all over i guess...kill english!

Glide

i'm loaded and ready for 2 booklet texts + prescibed, + 4 extra (2 know well, 2 not so well)

Our teacher went mad on the extra texts, which is great because you can focus on your best one

MrMiK

from wot i kno its compulsary (in change at least) to include your main AOS text, a text from the stim. booklet, and at LEAST 2 related texts.
I think they specify that man.
watch a vid.. or use a song u know well..
chances r u can relate ver easy to it if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)