Question 2 (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Budz

HSC
sexyemiiily said:
I did journal entries as my 'imaginative piece' is this bad? because it seems that most peple did a story...but my teacher said that if you do something different you will stand out from the thousands who will do a story!? ahh help
You would be surprised at how many people actually do write journal entries.. But i think if you do any text really well it irrelevant what format you write in... It did say "Imaginative" writing about journeys... And normally when people write in a journal they arnt doing that in an imaginative way.. normally its realistic.. but unless you took it from a perspective within an imaginative journey.. I think you would have done fine. As long as the marker can realise this....
Good luck with thursday.
BUd

Budz

HSC
My Story was about parallel imaginative journeys through consciousness and across landscapes In search of our demons...

Deep within the forest and deeper within our ouls a demon exists cloaked in black... watching.

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
I did a short story about a guy whos parents got divorced, and had to move in with his father who lives like 1000km's away. And thus he'd lose all his friends and where he grew up and didn't want to go away from where he grew up his whole life. He built it up to be a big thing, and didn't want to go. And he was very melodramatic saying how he'd never talk to his friends again (rather like coleridge in "LTBMP"). And then he moved, and got to his new place and he's cousin is in the same school as his new one and watnot and he will know ppl at his new school, and he has familiar family around where he lives.

So he built the journey up in his mind, but really wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

BTW - I did the catterpillar one where is said that the hardest part of any journey is the first step (I disregarded the caterpilla :D)

And there was a little thing at the end, the father walked up with a redhead about his age, and he clutched the redheads hand and said "I've got to introduce you to some1" then he felt like he was gonna vomit :D :D

I was happy with it enough to get a pass I think. Well, I hope so anyway

HSC
I reckon this section's stimulus is ok, but i was running outta time and did something like a story? didn't get enough time to develop a climax/conclusion or much.

used to central hand in hand image.

the story was evolving as I went. Turned out to be something with a gran telling her grand daughter sth, then a primary class show and tell, then an adult style reflection in a year 3 kid...no real ending...

uh oh...i forgot to explain the year 3 kid with an adult style reflection...><

just wana ask - can you write a poem in section 2? I heard they discourage us from it, but it's definitely something we can wip up, just maybe not as high in craftsmanship and all that...

what d'ya say?

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
i found the question really open... which is good... people can interpret pictures differently... and you could write about practically everything

bob_the_penguin

I just copied a family guy episode and wrote from stuey's perspective as he goes to the BBC London to live at Jolly Farm, when he gets there he realises that its only a television set. Managed to fill 4 pages, used the pic with the stamps on it

thebeksfactor

Best question that they could have asked with the postal stamp referring to a letter... exact match to my prepared piece about a letter about a death in the family sending a uni student in Sydney back home to the bush and noticing that everything in his home town has changed

mishelly2036

youarefree said:
I didnt- i did a letter...

am shitting myself cos sounds like everyone did a short story...

someone please say its ok to do a letter...

AHHHHHH I DID A FREAKIN ESSAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i did the caterpillar one

.......BUT AHHHHHHHHH I WROTE AN ESSAY NOT A STORY SCREW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haku

mishelly2036 said:
AHHHHHH I DID A FREAKIN ESSAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i did the caterpillar one

.......BUT AHHHHHHHHH I WROTE AN ESSAY NOT A STORY SCREW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha, not meant to be rude, but how did u do that?

but u might get a good mark since its pretty creative!! or did u mean u wrote the section3 essay and labelled it section 2?

mishelly2036

nosadness said:
haha, not meant to be rude, but how did u do that?

but u might get a good mark since its pretty creative!! or did u mean u wrote the section3 essay and labelled it section 2?

hahaha crap naa like.

i saw the caterpilla and the little quote given and i talked abot lao tzu - some guy who said "a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step". but im hoping the examples and stuff i talked about were creative like i talked about how even the most simplets journeys can be difficult to take that first step to some people - depending on age, social status, different barriers, finance

even a short trip to buy milk may be a difficult journey if its a cold and crap day then it makes it hard for someone to take that first step to go.

ill add to this in a sec

Haku

mishelly2036 said:
hahaha crap naa like.

i saw the caterpilla and the little quote given and i talked abot lao tzu - some guy who said "a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step". but im hoping the examples and stuff i talked about were creative like i talked about how even the most simplets journeys can be difficult to take that first step to some people - depending on age, social status, different barriers, finance

even a short trip to buy milk may be a difficult journey if its a cold and crap day then it makes it hard for someone to take that first step to go.

ill add to this in a sec
whats actually quite good. cause u wrote a feature article which i think does count as a creative piece. so ull get a decent mark

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i wrote how wat the catapillar said was right - and how we should listen to him coz he had a broken leg - which meant he obivously has been somewhere.
Very BAD!! not at all wat they wanted - but meh

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
my story had a twist..i was a shower cap however you dont find out till the end of the story.
at the start a hand reached out to me (stimulus) and sat me on a seat. the man whos hand it was sits next to me and the sight of his clear eyes transports me back to a memory of the family i belonged to.
i then talk about the awful experience of a shower with the dirty father, making it sound like rape. (keep in mind thats what it seems like it is, as you dont know it's a shower cap talking yet).
then when the fathers finished his shower im left lying in the bathroom when a softer hand reaches out and grabs me, then this is where you find out what i am when she places me over her hair and steps into the shower, the water symbolising the start of another journey with her.
the sight of the softer water transports me back to the new man's eyes, who is actually a garbage worker and tosses me ontop of a pile of rubbish in the truck, and i ended with something like "i hold on, as i know this will be a bumpy trip"
and yuh.
[/rant] lol. got trippy?

HSC
can you write a poem for section 2?

I heard it's ok to write letters, feature articles, which means these will stand out against other stories - good for "creativity".

mrivz

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule

BTW did anybody NOT do a story?

mishelly2036 said:
hahaha crap naa like.

ill add to this in a sec

yeah i talked about the "detour" one and not really write a story. i just talk about wat it might represent and the tranlastion and hows its a new journey and new risks and all that and den i said how u can just make a u-turn if ur not prepared bla blah... i did about 5 pages.

junica

i just remembered my story -__-;; and it just so happens that it matched with the stimulus.. the one in the middle...><

Ev3

HSC
i filled up an entire booklet...i actually like the question and stimulus it was good! i was able to fit my two paged type answer in !!!

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Just wondering did you hav to put a title for ur creative? if so if u didnt would u hav lost a mark?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
nah you didn't have to, because they didn't specify a form. you could write in whatever form you wished because they just named it a creative piece. if you didn't have a heading or a name for your story, it doesn't matter that much. i doubt they'd take marks off.

margareth

i think i went screwed up. Like i dunno. my writing was good as in like format and i had a good story however i didnt read it properly and i didnt write in a childs perspective or included a child in it like most of u guys did. ermmm but i still interpretted te picture well just i didnt write it based on a kid damn it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)