Question 2 (Merged) (1 Viewer)

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
OH MAN! well...yeah....

I spent too much time doing question 1 and 3 (hopefully marks will reflect that)... So... I had 20mins to do the bloody Q2!!!! I had the story planned out before hand and that picture of the eye and hand s fit it well (THANK GOD!).
In the end, it turned out cliche as hell and none one could probably read it as i was rushing to get wat i wrote beforehand summaried by half, while still making sense... lucky the task was for children's collection and they're stories always have a happy ending!

I had a twist in the end of the original one, but i didnt get to finnish the story, so the twist was completely missing. thats wat made the story cliche.
Oh well.... atleast my story did wat the task asked for... you know, match it up to the picture.... hoi..... i failed didnt I?

I also predict a 10/15... MAXIMUM!

KYKYJ

HSC
yea i wrote like an 18 year old and thought it fit pretty well. . .i used the detour sign and talked about being able 2 change things i;ve done in my past but then end up deciding not because it means i wouldn't be the person i am today. . then i went back and waffled on about crap. . isn't it meant 2 go into a publication for the local community?

HSC
Wait.. im confused.. the question actually said:
'Your local community is publishing a collection of young people's imaginative writing about Journeys.'
That doesnt say to write from a child's perspective or anything.. its just young people's writing.. we are young people therefore what ever we come up with shouldn't be penalised for not being a child's story...right?
does anyone agree with me??

tabularasa

HSC
ok i gave mine a title in the last few minutes, my story was about this soldier in WW1 going over the top and running into no mans land. i got about 5-6 pages out of it. pretty good considering my practice one was only lke 500 words long. i can blab stuff.

margareth

krazy_katie777 said:
Wait.. im confused.. the question actually said:
'Your local community is publishing a collection of young people's imaginative writing about Journeys.'
That doesnt say to write from a child's perspective or anything.. its just young people's writing.. we are young people therefore what ever we come up with shouldn't be penalised for not being a child's story...right?
does anyone agree with me??
YEH i kinda asked the board of studies help line OMG THANK GOD....like the lady was so nice i told her i thought i stuffed up coz i wrote about the *hand* picture but i wrote about an adult like character needing aid from another person which happens to be an adult as well. AS long as it relates to the picture which in mine did it was ok. beacuse it was going to the local community

jess_s

HSC
its was the gayest question ever.... i hate stories i wrote like 4 pages coz i spent too much time on the other questions... like wat the hell was that picture with they eye n the hands!!!!! i would like anyone to post on here if they used that stimulus n tell us wat in the hell they wrote about!!!!

HSC
I quite liked the one of the two hands holding and only now I realise how relevant it was to the song Stinkfist by Tool. I could have written an absolutely amazing piece with all these undertones of anal fisting under the guise of an iraqi and an australian citizen holding hands against the war. What do you think?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
summernguyen said:
yeah i wrote about the detour one and how i had choose which road to take. i sort of did an illiterary allusion of the road not taken, and i had challenges and insights on my physical journey on a train.

also i was wondering. did we have to actually specify the stimulus we chose to use? i just wrote about how i faced two roads and the consequences of choosing one other the other.
i wrote it on the top, but i dont think it was compulsory.

p.s. hey summer

Last edited:

aurora

LostAuzzie said:
I wrote 6 and used the Detour one too.
And I Was able to adapt my storyline!!!
Very pleased with that.
Anyways was everyone else able to adapt a preprepared storyline?
Or did u make one up on the spot?

man, when i looked at Q2 i was like YES!! da detour picture fitted my pre-prepared creative beautifully!! i was actually smiling during reading time, haha

but i didnt do too well for Q1 tho, i kept repeating myself, especially in the 5 mark Q, i recycled so much from what i wrote in the previous parts.

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
nah you didn't have to, because they didn't specify a form. you could write in whatever form you wished because they just named it a creative piece. if you didn't have a heading or a name for your story, it doesn't matter that much. i doubt they'd take marks off.
I certainly hope not :( I wrote my story from three different perspectives and used the detour sign, though the detour sign was only an element in the story. Hmmm...
feeling so pessimistic right now I shall go and pray I blitz the modules.

*pixie*

HSC
i really didnt like question two. like i ended up writing 6 pages on it, but still it was all screwed up with putting in the word 'imaginative' and then givign us the notice board.... it was a bit tricky i thought. i couldnt adapt my prepared one so i jus made one up... fingers crossed :)

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
I know what u mean

aurora but i didnt do too well for Q1 tho said:
I know waht you mean!
I had several NNNIiiiiicceeee sentences about journeys prepared to use for my use, so i just kept repeating them throughout the entire exam... ahhh yes... so goooooddd... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I used the one where the hardest part of teh journey is the first step. I wrote about a refugee as he arrives home. I ran out of time at the end, and the problem was, the climax was at the end, so I was stuffed. I got it down, but not in the best way that I would've liked it. Did anyone NOT prepare a story full stop? (as in, you just didn't prepare one at all, not you prepaerd it and then couldn't use it)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my creative piece started off ok, but went steeply downhill as i realised that i had ten minutes left to finish the story and do the 5 mark comprehension question.

oh well, nothing i can do now.

Alienangel

Yeah question 2 was easy.
I (officially) used the 'unusual journeys' stamp as stimulus...
If you want a slightly changed copy of what I wrote - it's been on bos for a while... (Matt Phipps) descriptive writing piece.

TimmyDD

HSC
hey guys,
Sorry I just need some opinions on my story.
I used the 2 hands...It was about a guy lost in the desert and trying to journey home. He has to go past all these obstacles and such (cliched I know) but he gets home in the end. However, it turns out that it wasnt a guy lost in the desert at all, I'd only alluded to that. Its a young 4 year old boy who's wandered out his backyard and onto the beach and was trying to find his way home. Can some ppl please tell me wat u honestly think of it...i'm a little unsure about it. It was about 5 pages...

smithica

HSC
ok............how did u all end ur stories, lol i always leave this part till the end and i forgot the time and when she said stop......dang........no... double dang. heres my last few lines or what i remember

regardless of the reason i kept going, driven by something, what it was i couldnt tell you but i was posistive it was something suppressed, a human urge waiting to be unleashed ......
(and heres what i wrote wen she began to say times up )

....why didn't i turn around you ask? , when your bored....you just don't...

*****The End******

ok all i though was wtf!!!!!!! i don't even no wat i meant by that!!!!! oh it seems deep but its just a hsc student in desparation....... dammit lol

so any one else have an awesomly bad conclusion they would like to share?

ombre

HSC
peepee

for section 2 i had a conversation with the future marker of my paper........ie....asked them questions and gave them my theories for the meaning of life and wantnot...

it was predy creative - im either gonna get 15 or 0 id say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)