Question 2 (1 Viewer)

Whitlamsfan

I felt it gave enough scope. A bit alarmed by the 2005 CD stuff though (eg. Standards package) I was able to use a letter I wrote last week as a practice and modify to fit the form.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
wtf was this question going on about? i screwed it up... i hope its the only section that i screwed up

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Well I used the landscape one although I didnt specify that that was the one that I used... do you think it matters?

Mine was called The Toad-Stool Conspiracy
Anyhow mine was about a 14y.o girl whos in the car with her parents little sis and little bro and they were on their way to cairns and she was decribing the heat etc in the car. She talked about a road called 'toad poppers lane' which is on the way to cairns and they'd count how many toads they pop etc etc... and then she drank some water and really had to pee and her dad was like "theres a petrol station in 20mins, youll have to hold" they got to the turn off and the road was blocked by a giant toad who was after them and they had to escape and they did... yay end of story.. very imaginative even though we were studying physical journeys but whatever

Last edited:

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I used the 'journeys to the heart' one, and wrote about some guy being pursued through a forest (cliche I know). You never find out who is chasing him and you never know why they are chasing him, the only reason I kept it like this is because I ran out of time :S

I started section 2 with 20 minutes left :(

mod35tbabe

How stupid was that question? I dont think hardly anyone in my year liked that one - i know i raved on for 2 pages worth.
I thought if u wrote in the same book u just told the supervisors - u dont need to write it out again cos obviously it cuts ur time for other questions. I did that in the trials and my teacher fixed it, and the supervisor today said that if u did that they have ways of fixing it up for u. They expect mistakes like that.

cj_bridle

HSC
townie said:
did anybody do a non-story, because it didnt specify it had 2 be one?
I did journal entries cause i was still in 'cssa trial mode' but i think it worked nicely with my story:

sort of like 'hunny i shrunk the kids' mixed with 'the magic school bus'.
it was a guy who shrunk himself in the year 2181 and was put into a cancer patient's body to fight the cancer.
it goes on talking about how he found it and how he overcame obstacles and killed it.

ps. the cancer was in the brain so i had fun writing about the funny electrical activity going on in there.

haha all those years of tv finally paid off

peeasoup

I think I kinda screwed this one. I didnt really do a story, i more just talked about physical journeys, wat they do for you, how you can go on them, then my last paragraph was describing a journey driving over a landscape. Shit, i screwed this one maybe.

McBain

its OVER

:uhhuh: Hey guys i think we could have gotten a much worse question 2.... in the end I did a letter figured that not many people would do one... it was journey over land about a trip up Ayers Rock. Packed it full of descriptive language and made sure there was some self deprecation in it.... apparently the markers like self deprecation (but not to the extent of suicide notes)

Oh well its over and WE NEVER HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT AGAIN

Last edited:

Dabbu

Near the bush, the beach, the mountains, the river
HSC
I did the heart one. i figured all journeys (esp. inner) must of had something to do with the heart so therfore if i put in some sentimental crap into a story based largely about fishing then it would be fine. main prob was that i kept on changing from pres to past tense.
i'm just glad i don't have to mark it!

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i wrote about my dad having died 3 years ago then i went on a treck along a track that we went on as a family. i used the journey on the treck as a metaphor for how i learnt ot cope with death but also how to embrace life and leave the past behind you

it was obviously journeys across landscape question

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
I did journey of the heart. I didnt think many ppl would do it but it looks like every second person did lol.

My story is pretty crap coz i only had 25 mins to do it in and only managed 3.5 pages with no ending!!! lol. o well no use stressing over it now!

I wrote a speech that an ex olympic star gives to yr 12 students about how ur passion in life, ie. what ur heart wants to do, is the most important aspect of your life journey and especially this year where the ppl you meet and the experiences you have in that year affect who you are more so than the marks u get at the end of the hsc.

Ive never been one to be creative!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah i fucked up- i wrote about as if was talking to a student about to commence aos for their 2005 hsc- so it was a guide to the importance of journeys to the heart and how to keep an open mind.

probably the wrong thing since they asked for a submission

jellybeenz

HSC
I wrote about "Journeys Across Landscapes"

It was about a young guy and girl moving from Sydney to a small country town. It is basically a drive that ends up outside a country town and the guy is happy to be leaving city life behind, but the girl is resentful of how far away she is from the city. I kinda switched around from each of their perspectives in the story, basically she moved all for her boyfriend and regrets it once they begin their journey.

I'm beginning to think its more a Journey of The Heart... but I hope its okay.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
they usually want the journey to be more implicit or to have an underlying meaning. thats why an extended metaphor is good

Jamiebradnam

HSC
my mate wrote about a toothbrush that always wanted to travel to the otherside of the bathroom. at first i laughed my head off at him. then when he explained it felt bad coz he's gonna kick my arse.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I used "Journeys over Time" and just highlighted the Journey i undertook throughout High School as a motivational sort of speech for the class of 05.
Not that i really give two dimes about the class of 05, but yeh...i wrote about what id id each year, how the journey has changed me .. blah blah blah

Bring extension on :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lukebennett said:
you have got to be shitting me. you re joking right?
I altered it a bit, removed some of the verse because I needed it to look more like a narrative, but essentially, yes thats what I wrote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)