Question 2 (1 Viewer)

Dimitra

I hated the exam. The creative writing section was so stupid and there wasnt enough time to finish

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
gerardk said:
I titled my story journey of the heart. bout a courier that never delivers anything on time and is assigned to deliver a heart to a hospital in order to save a life. He is determined to deliver this job on time but along the way complications happen like breathylised and checked for fruit and veges at the state border etc...finally manages to get the heart to the doctor and thought he succeeded only to be slapped in the face and told that the patient needed a kidney not a heart.

I dont know if the markers would like it or not but i was desperate and thought it was funny and unique.

haha.. that made me laugh. love the story. if you wrote it well then i thinkyou'll get really good marks.
im shitty with this section because i only did it in the last 10 mins. spent too much time on my sec#3.and i really liked the narrative i had planned. meh.

Piddlepot

Did journey of the heart:

something about a kid who plans a trip which goes wrong...all the emotions that accompany that

Tabris

HSC
Abraxus said:
Meh ... I thought all three were way too broad ... so I just did Journeys of the Heart and talked about passion, determination and longing. Question was broad so I made my answer broad ... at least I could talk about anything because of how broad it was.

Not too happy with this question, but still better than what I expected, so still good.
i wrote about determination, courage and will of the heart in journeys, i only got away with 5 paragraphes about 4.5 pages, too open ended, didnt like that part, i am not creative

sammywags

HSC
frankly, I though that the question was too broad. The board should be trying to point us in a specific direction in terms of story, and then the excellent stories would really stand out. The way they had it, we could write about absolutely anything. Now where is the skill required for that my friend.

i wrote about landscape, my opening line was:

"Never in my life would i have thought i'd being running from someone.
Never in my life would i have thought that that someone was myself...."

then went into story about finding myself through travelling, ended up driving not knowing where i was going, but knowing i felt happy with the journey in control

dilos

HSC
lol...mine was tragic...i talked about licking the exam table and tasting the timber...which somehow reminded me of the harbour bridge...which reminded me of my first time in australia on the bridge...then i talked about being back in the exam room in body, but my mind absent on the bridge. Lol...i then sniffed the paper which reminded me of hanging underwear on my grandmothers clothes line in turkey (when it was raining ash).

Imaginative journeys....lol....the marker will be laughing and giving me a big fat zero.

resn

journeys of the heart....jounral entries....I did this 18 adopted boy meets his biological father and then his father tells him he has a brother (an identical twin who is gay) then the boy goes on a emotional journey and questions his sexuality (because he thinks gay runs the blood) but then just realises that his bro is cool and he opens up his heart

ematouk

good exam!

I thought that was the easiest english exam ever!

first of all q2 was so broad you could talk about anything, u could even walk into the exam with a pre-prepared 15/15 creative writing task (like i did). I did mine on a guy who reflects on his time at school - the bullying, racial biggotry and constant punishment of Arabic people within Australia. By the way I did journeys through time.

did anyone else put the title underlined at the top of the page?

for Q3 - That was a straight forward question, and was similar to the one we did in our trial exam.

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
bahhhhhhhh........did da first - journeys in time thing.......i dun an article kinda thing and only dun 2 pagez coz i spent 2 much time on da last one!!!!....... totally F#ckd section 2 up :(

V

vanbasten

Mine could be classified as a cross between journey of the heart/journey in time, but i specified it as a journey of the heart. it was about a grandfather telling his grandchildren the story of how he witnessed his father's death in WWII. I done it the last half hour but it turned out alright

lex123

HSC
lilems13 said:
I did Journeys of the Heart:

It was a dream, and i know its so overdone but she doesnt actually remember it. A
Anyway it was about the girl, whos mothers sick, and she has to cook dinner for her brothers, catch the mouse in the house etc. Then she falls asleep while watching a 'world vision ad' for sponsoring children in war torn africa - ie. landmines, no food etc.

Anyway in the dream, theres a family of mice who are starving cause their mother drank poisoned water and cant work, and so the oldest sister mouse goes on a journey to find food, but bumps into landmines (mousetraps) and tanks (big black cats) along the way.

Anyway, the girl wakes up, doesnt remember a thing, and is all like 'i think i should sponsor a child'.

HAHAHA thats so funny!!! (thats not meant in a bad way)..lol

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Wow, mines a little different to everyone else's... i did Journey's over time, but did it in the perspective of a pen, it had it's own little personality and everything. Kinda talking about how the pen got bought from the shop, then how it spent it's life etc... i thought it was quite interesting, but i didn't have enough time to finish it properly!!

Ettin

I did Journeys through Time and wrote a story about a guy who turns his washing machine into a time machine. The ending was a bit weak because I had to rush. Still good though :D

sammywags

HSC
elizabethmary said:
did anyone do something other than a story?
considering the question asked for a story, i dont see why you would have done anything else

Plebeian

sammywags said:
considering the question asked for a story, i dont see why you would have done anything else
I thought it only asked for "a piece of imaginative writing". I did a narrative anyway though.

JessC

HSC
N/A
i did the journey of the heart one...
with the question you could rite anything tho to fit to one of the three choices

i rushed mine...didn't have enough time..only managed 5 pages without an ending!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)