Question 7 (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Someone ask their economics teacher.

plz.

I would but my teacher is kinda clueless...

EDIT: soz abt the font guyz

runnable

HSC
... Good job on the font.

Wouldn't have time and cbb to approach my teacher.

eskimoh

HSC
LOL AT THE FONT
i put A
but the overwhelming amnt of ppl putting c is making me feel insecure LOL o_O

runnable

HSC
eskimoh said:
LOL AT THE FONT
i put A
but the overwhelming amnt of ppl putting c is making me feel insecure LOL o_O

Lol dw. It just means that you've got an extra mark over the overwhelming amount of other people. Its a good thing. ;)

Dimplez

HSC
My teacher is also completely clueless. Anyone have a good eco teacher they can ask? This question is driving me insane.

runnable

HSC
Just dw about it really. Nothing much we can do now even if we are right/wrong.

Dimplez

HSC
Yeah I just have this weird compulsive habit to go through each of my exams in extreme detail...but we'll see come January I guess.

Geohood

HSC
My teacher would just say 'I don't agree with the question.. it should be me making these exams'

Poad

HSC
I'm another C-er here. Not really sure if it was A or C though, I just figured more demand leads to more employment (but then there was the whole 'natural rate of unemployment' thing which made it wonky)

knots&crosses

HSC
The answer is c. If the economy has reached its NAIRU, hidden unemployment is not included. This is because hidden unemployment comes about due to low economics growth, and growth is not included in the NAIRU, thus the answer is C.

runnable

HSC
knots&crosses said:
The answer is c. If the economy has reached its NAIRU, hidden unemployment is not included. This is because hidden unemployment comes about due to low economics growth, and growth is not included in the NAIRU, thus the answer is C.

Increase in aggregate demand = growth. Stimulated hidden unemployment to come out.

Rix123

HSC
7 is definately definately definately C -

first unemployment can go below NAIRU !!!!!!- non accelerating rate of inflation. therefore unemployment below NAIRU adds to inflation and obviously if its below NAIRU then unemployment has gone down initially (the q says INITIALLY) and therefore if its below NAIRU it will cause INFLATION.

very very simply economics and i dont know what hidden has to do with it coz its initially and unemployment CAN GO BELOW NAIRU

Terlob

HSC
Ripped straight from Wikipedia - somewhere everyone can see and not a textbook not everyone has access to :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAIRU#searchInput
The term NAIRU is an acronym for Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment. It is a concept in economic theory significant in the interplay of macroeconomics and microeconomics. This "full employment" unemployment rate is sometimes termed the "inflation-threshold unemployment rate": if actual unemployment falls below the NAIRU, the inflation rate is likely to rise quickly

Relate that back to the question too... prices will rise even further because of increased inflation. If that doesnt change your mind nothing will.

runnable

HSC
Terlob said:
Straight into new jobs
Lol nope. Do you have Tim Dixon's book? Read up on Causes of Unemployment, Rising Participation Rate. They enter the workforce but will be classified as unemployed for a short while.

runnable

HSC
Terlob said:
Ripped straight from Wikipedia - somewhere everyone can see and not a textbook not everyone has access to :

The term NAIRU is an acronym for Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment. It is a concept in economic theory significant in the interplay of macroeconomics and microeconomics. This "full employment" unemployment rate is sometimes termed the "inflation-threshold unemployment rate": if actual unemployment falls below the NAIRU, the inflation rate is likely to rise quickly

Relate that back to the question too... prices will rise even further because of increased inflation. If that doesnt change your mind nothing will.
Wikipedia? Should I go and edit some of it? Lol jks.

Do you have Tim Dixon's book? Read up on Causes of Unemployment, Rising Participation Rate. They enter the workforce but will be classified as unemployed for a short while.

Really, lets stop convincing each other and just wait for the answers.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
I asked my economics teacher and the head teacher of my school in social sciences. They both say the answer is C because INITIALLY there should be a reduction in unemployment below the NAIRU. But A is still viable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)