Question about doing Ext 2 English (1 Viewer)

RiCkiE

HSC
Hey guys i've got a quick question concerning doing E2 next year. I'm in year 11 now and i'm probably top in my E1 class, probably top 5 in the grade as well, but in advanced im way way down because of some stupid choices when i was doing my assessments :bomb: and for some stupid reason my school only accepts the top 10 applicants for E2. Now i know that most people wont want to touch E2 in my school (it's very math orientated...) but i know about 20-30 people who will want to do it, and they *might* have a better chance than me...so i just wanted to ask if there was anything i could do to increase my chances like...extra credit...sleeping with the teacher...anything?

aileenli

HSC
my teacher mentioned that once some guy from another guy school (i go to an all-girls school) wanted to do EEII, but there was no class, so he came to our school. is that possible for you?

aileenli

HSC
it seems stupid how ur school only allows 10 people. i'm assuming its selective...but my school doesnt really care. we had about 12 people who volunteered, but apparently next year it will be two classes. is ur school allowed to decide who can go for teh subject? i didnt know that was possible.

RiCkiE

HSC
well there's sydney girls right next to us but i'm not sure if that'd be possible as lotto said. So wait he was the only guy in the class?

aileenli

HSC
eh...yeah but dont get too excited :p . this was a few years ago, but it has known to happen. i'm not sure if the teacher said it was because his school didnt offer it, or because it had clashing timetables. maybe its time u majorly sucked up to some teachers? maybe prove ur enthusiasm for creative writing? *nudge nudge*

RiCkiE

HSC
hmm yeah i guess thats a pretty good idea...though i think my teacher already knows i really like creative writing...oh hey do you know if they take your results in the writing competition into consideration? :D

aileenli

HSC
i think you're worrying about this way too much. if i were you, i would:

Firstly, majorly suck up and maybe even emphasise (through tears) about how much this would affect the hsc etc. although, if you are a guy, you might want to refrain from tearing.

Secondly, if you were unable to achieve a place (which sounds unlikely since you already pointed out you're EEI rank) I would start asking some serious questions, like what right does the school have to deny access to learning? on what grounds are they controlling education? also some research into the board of studies would be required. i think this is a bit extreme, and you may even create some enemies....

Thirdly, if neither of the above work, you would most probably have to resort to sleeping with the teacher....hee hee hopefully you dont have a 62-year-old walrus like i have......

J

jhakka

LottoX said:
Well most English teachers are women...

Anyway, if all else fails, get your parents to talk to the principal. Schools are scared of parents.
Where does that statistic come from?

Also, I agree. Get your parents involved. Make them write nasty letters.

HSC
N/A
that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard about EE2 recruitment. I second Justin's idea - get your parents to write nasty letters etc. Just because a teacher can't be stuffed teaching anyone under the "top ten applicants" isn't a good enough reason to stop students from picking it up... (so long as you do EE1, you have the right to do EE2 if you want to. And that's the way it should be.)

aileenli

HSC
jhakka said:
Where does that statistic come from?

Also, I agree. Get your parents involved. Make them write nasty letters.
ha ha or your lawyer! mebbe you could like...write to today tonight or something!

hee hee i can see it right now - naomi robsin with her plasticky face saying something like "in one of the most shocking decisions that is likely to change the world, a high school teacher has denied a student access to an EEII class"

or maybe not....

RiCkiE

HSC
lol i think that's more likely to get me kicked out :mad1:

aileenli

HSC
at least you'll be famous........lol for all of 5 seconds :p

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
That is really the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

We had.. initially.. around 30 ext2 students and probably around 20 by the final submission date. But then again, we had alot of teachers working with the course.. maybe at your school they don't have enough teachers willing to take on the course and therefore had to limit numbers.

Anyway, you should argue that your extension results count for something and say that you are willing to change everything around in year 12.

In year 11.. even though I was always good at english.. I was completely not focused on school to the point that the deputy principal actually wanted to stop me doing Ext2.
Then I came first in adv, ext1, ext2 in year 12 lol. The point is, just because your year 11 results aren't up to scratch that is in no way an indication of what will happen in year 12.

Tell your teachers that and say how willing you are to do this course because you've begun researching into the course and what is requried.. and that now you feel that this course will be your favourite and best subject at school.

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
But that was my idea =(
ahaha my short term memory sucks right now, by the time I'd read justin's post and clicked the "quick reply" button I'd probably forgotten all about what other people had said in the thread :p sorry dear!

RiCkiE

HSC
Just found out they're limiting Extension 1 to one class :burn:i think i'll burn the school down...

fluffie_sh1t

HSC
...i think u should listen to aileen n sleep wif d teacha. i mean, it workd for her, it should work for u too! altho, to maximise ur chances, the head teacher would prolly b a more appropriate choice, or even better the principal...no one dares to defy the principal. [hi aileen!..keke...i trackd u down!]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)