Question about doing Ext 2 English (1 Viewer)

aileenli

HSC
omg fluffie...i did NOT sleep wif - ewww just thinking about it makes me sick! although, i know you might be speaking from experience with the principal thingy *nudge nudge* :p

well rickie, it sounds to me like ur school is one of them schools that only choose the best students for eeII so that they can boast about how all their students got above 48 or whatever.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
It's funny, because originally we had only two girls who wanted to do EE2 (another girl and myself). We had to beg three other girls to join, because the school wouldn't have let us run the class with only two girls. But we got it in the end ^_^ We originally had a class of six, but one girl dropped out >_> traitor.

Anyway... I vote you sleep with the teacher. If s/he is attractive, that's bonus points for you. If not... make sure you've both had a lot of alcamahol before hand.

RiCkiE

HSC
Yeah i did mean Ext 1 and it's not fair that they're limiting our chances just to get a reputation. :mad1: And the head teacher freaks me out for some reason so no i'm not sleeping with her. And our principal is a guy. WITH A HOOK HAND!!!

Evercursed...are you...Steven? :S i'm guessing because of the elf drawing...

RiCkiE

HSC
SHE IS!!! SHE ISSSSS!!! I hope she dies in a freak baboon accident

RiCkiE

HSC
Yeah well she's evil in our school. People change...but if she really is as nice as you say maybe i should sleep with her :D doesnt seem likely though.

and as if you don't know who i am Song

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
dats y i like my school.. the whole grade can do ext 2 or ext 2 eng if they want :D

madwoman

HSC
i think im a bit of a nigel in this thread because i dont seem to know someone...or know someone who knows my name but i dont know who they are...

but i thought id throw my two cents into the ring anyway.

ive just finished ext 2 and there were about 70 people who began it, about 50 who finished it, so we've seen a huge variety of students come through.

although some students arent the best at advanced, i have found that they are often more on the creative side, which favours ext one and ext two more, because the weighting is something like
1. advanced: creative = a little tiny section
2. ext 1: creative = half
3. ext 2: creative (if you do a story and not a critical response) = everything.

however, whilst saying that, ext 2 also needs the hard work, the research and the discipline that i have found in advanced more than extension one. some of the creative people who started extension two found it difficult to sustain such a long piece...but most of them got there in the end.

so i think you should point out that your creative abilities have been proven in ext one and that your passion for creative would make you a very active participant in ext two...

also, just as an aside, have you entered any writing competitions or english related things at school? doesnt really matter, but it might give you some leverage in the english staff room.

so yeah, go back to your "i know who you are" game now, i've finished blabbing.

Kabbasi

HSC
Hi there! I don't know if this post is way too late (actually it probably is since year 12 starts for us in about a week and a half) But i might as well tell you all about my story.

I changed schools at the end of last year and was sort of settling in, but its a pretty competitive high school, and although I thought I had done really good in English and Extension 1 I was told that although my marks were good, I was just on the borderline and thus would not be given a place, and they didn't want to get an extra class. That completely threw me. I went to both my English and English Extension teachers who were fantastic about it and told me to write a letter of appeal to the Head of the English Department, which I did. My English teacher game me a fantastic referal to the Head of English, and eventually after writing and conversing I was given a place. I guess the main thing is that if you really really really want to do it, and you have a vague notion as to what you want to do, then do whatever it takes and they will eventually have to give you a place. Good luck! (I completely skipped all the posts for this thread so the outcome of this predicament probably already has been revealed. Oh well)

mistdemon

HSC
I think that it is a little ironic that you are wishing to be a part of such a selective class. Our EEII class almost ended up not happening due to lack of numbers because the school that normally joins us decided that they wanted a bit more independence.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I think you should be able to put forward a good argument if you're doing well in Ext 1. The Advanced course is more analytical and critical, whereas the extensions allow for more creativity. If you're topping ext 1 you can ask for the staff to give you a chance in ext 2 because it is afterall a creative course and you've proven that you can do well creatively in ext 1.

Forum Friend

Newb Member
HSC
N/A
Wow, I have heard of your school's scheme of culling those who are not exhibiting proficiency in English, and am appalled at what that has resulted of this despicable strategem. However, I can understand that your teachers and that Trompeter choosing only the best, in order to maximum the scaling of your peers, but in all seriousness, I believe this to be an unfair system, or at the very least, the predicament at hand.

You can always complain to that Dr. ... ah, here it says it, Jagger fellow; although, I've heard that he's a rather ineffectual administrator of your school, and that he will be unwilling in allowing change. Status quo.

Aside from the rather high scaling, what is sought in Extension 2 English?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)