Question about examination mark! (1 Viewer)

Ozzyy

HSC
Hey guys.

I'm just confused about the examination mark and HSC mark. Is the examination mark the raw mark before any scaling etc is done?

Also, when is the subject scaling done? Like for example or 70-80 in physics should might scale up to band 6. I'm confused about this.

Thank you!

Salehhh

HSC
Hey guys.

I'm just confused about the examination mark and HSC mark. Is the examination mark the raw mark before any scaling etc is done?

Also, when is the subject scaling done? Like for example or 70-80 in physics should might scale up to band 6. I'm confused about this.

Thank you!
You're marks have been aligned. The scaling process occurs by UAC to determine you're ATAR.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yes subject scaling is for atar, eg 90 in mx1 should be around 97-98 atar

Ozzyy

HSC
yes subject scaling is for atar, eg 90 in mx1 should be around 97-98 atar
Okaay thank youu, I was just confused because atar calculators are for example scaling an 80 in physics down when 80 would get a 90+ I'm sure :\

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey guys.

Thank you!
The examination mark you have received is the aligned exam mark. The HSC mark is the average of the aligned exam mark and the moderated school assessment mark.

Scaling will be done on the raw exam marks by UAC to determine your ATAR

funnytomato

HSC
raw mark(you don't know this unless you request for it) -------aligned---------> hsc mark (the one you got today) ------------scaled -------------> scaled mark (used by UAC to calculate ATAR for tomorrow)

Ozzyy

HSC
raw mark(you don't know this unless you request for it) -------aligned---------> hsc mark (the one you got today) ------------scaled -------------> scaled mark (used by UAC to calculate ATAR for tomorrow)
Thank youuu !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)