question about GHD straighteners (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
bubz :D said:
i adore my GHD. well actually i share it with my sister (split costs :D)... i didn't know you could get different sizes, though!

lynn, the ghd site has videos on how to do curls and stuff! i love it when my sis does it for me (cos i can't do it to save my life)
wow i never have checked out the ghd website. i really love it and the videos of how to use the straightener were really cute

HSC
N/A
ms.JESS said:
Glitterfairy

Depends on how much you use the straightner and if you use product in your hair. We had so many returns on GHD because the coating wore away and turned black and rough.

Titanium is a lot smoother. Its the next step up in technology from ceramic. It literally glides through your hair in comparison to ceramic.

I have the Silver Bullet Lighting Plus Titaniun. ALL my friends are always coming over to my house and asking me to curl their whole head. It look glamorous once its done! The trick to curling your hair is all in the movement of your wrist and your technique. I taught all my friends and we all have our own technique, you hold it at an angle and as you bring it down you keep twirling it around!

If your going to buy a GHD, I suggest you go into somewhere like the Shavershop, get them to give you a run down or a demonstration and pick whats best for you! Just because thats what your hairdresser uses doesn't mean its the best on the market!
Hmm I'd probably use it an average of once a week. I basically never use product in my hair but hear that you're supposed to put this spray in your hair before you do any heat-styling, so I guess if I start curling regularly I'll start using product regularly too...

This Silver Bullet thing is sounding better and better. What size is it in comparison to the GHD sizes? (bubz I am so jealous, there is no way in hell I could convince my younger sibling - a brother! - to curl my hair for me :( )

ms.JESS

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Hmm I'd probably use it an average of once a week. I basically never use product in my hair but hear that you're supposed to put this spray in your hair before you do any heat-styling, so I guess if I start curling regularly I'll start using product regularly too...

This Silver Bullet thing is sounding better and better. What size is it in comparison to the GHD sizes? (bubz I am so jealous, there is no way in hell I could convince my younger sibling - a brother! - to curl my hair for me :( )
I straighten my hair everyday and I never put anything in it because I find it works best if you do it without product because your hair doesn't look greasy. Silver Bullet hair straightners also have whats called an ionic generator. What this does is eliminate frizz, add instant shine and prevent split ends etc.

The sizes are just a bit bigger then the normal sized GHD. They are all the same size. You can get both big and small curls depending on the teqhnique used.

I recomment the Silver Bullet Lightning Plus Titanium - this is the one I use.

http://www.haircareonline.com.au/285-Lightning_Plus_Titanium.html

http://www.haircareonline.com.au/c-Electricals-c2-Hair_Straightener-b-Silver_Bullet.html - The top two are excellent.

HSC
N/A
I like the idea or not putting product in my hair, but I'm so worried about damaging my hair with heat :/

That being said the heated rollers I use (they're like, at least 20 years old - I really should get new ones) are old, so probably not as good (ie less damaging) as the newer and fancier heat styling products at the moment....so I guess I'm just basing my perceptions on outdated technology :p

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
glitterfairy said:
hmmmm

Interesting to hear good stuff about this 'silver bullet'. How much is it? I'm thinking of rocking up someplace to try it out, if it truly is 'superior' material wise (ok, I'm totally showing my stingy side here). How wide are the plates, by the way?

Hear hear sista! I have to like, hide money away from myself when I'm saving up for something. It just doesn't work otherwise lol...
i have the silver bullet, it has the same results as the ghd, but with the silver bullet you can adjust the temperature with electronic buttons
it is also titanium plated, which keeps the ions in the hair and doesnt dry it out as much
you can also curl it coz the plates on the silver bullet have little (suspensions) when pushed down, which will give you a refined curl, and no harsh edges

test them both out
i tried my friends ghd, its good with amazing results also, but dried out my hair way quicker!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
to those who own/have used the silver bullet:
- how long does the straightening/curling hold in normal hair and does it have to be completely dry hair? i dont want to wake up the next morning and my hair's crap again
- what's the average price/rrp in shops?

jebbie

HSC
alby said:
to those who own/have used the silver bullet:
- how long does the straightening/curling hold in normal hair and does it have to be completely dry hair? i dont want to wake up the next morning and my hair's crap again
- what's the average price/rrp in shops?
and also do any silver bullet owners know how it works on curly hair? :/ hmm?

*hopeful*

HSC
both ghd/silver bullet work excellent on curly hair

i have ugly curly dry hair and after i wash it i let it dry out or sleep on it for a night and then straighten it....the amount of effort u put in depends on ur hair but my hair always ends up dead straight, as if its just been blowdried straight.....

jebbie

HSC
*hopeful* said:
both ghd/silver bullet work excellent on curly hair

i have ugly curly dry hair and after i wash it i let it dry out or sleep on it for a night and then straighten it....the amount of effort u put in depends on ur hair but my hair always ends up dead straight, as if its just been blowdried straight.....
im not talking about being straight like blowdrying straight i mean like SUPEROMGSHEUSEDASTRAIGHTENER straight..

i can blowdry my hair fine. and i usually need to unless i want uber curl but i really want to invest into a super straight straightener and want to know which brand is best..

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Hi all,

I GOT MY HAIR CUT TODAY! Yay! Ok, now that that's out of the way. My hairdresser curled my hair using a ghd today and I love it! Thinking of buying one...

Basically, she used the larger ghd and so now I have nice waves/big curls. I said something along the lines of "Cool! I have to get me one of these things!" However she advised that most people use the smaller one because it's a lot easy to maneuvere (and I can definately see this coming in handy when you're curling the hair at the back). It's also cheaper :) And I've been told by another hairdresser that you can still do big loose curls with the little ghd... (however at $300+ a pop, you kinda want to get a few more people's opinions before you run out and possibly buy the wrong size, you know?)

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GHD'S - which size one do you have, what do you do with it (eg can you curl? How easy is it to get different types of curls?) and how hard is it to do?
OH
MY
FRIKIN
GOD

I totally just bought one last week and its soooo worth the cash!!!

I have hollywood hair right now!!!

And glitters: it is capable of ANY kind of curl! ringlets, sexy hollywood hair, curls just at the bottom, volumise your fringe, seriously, it just moulds your hair

It is SO EASY TO USE!!!! Just as long as you don't rush it like as if you're brushing your hair, just let it glide.

The website for ghd teaches you how to use it :)

oh my gosh i love my hair right now!

SO
FRIKIN
SEXY

HSC
N/A
Price Attack in Hornsby has Silver Bullets :D

Ok, so now I'm giving more thought to getting either one of those or the GHD...

*hopeful*

HSC
the ghd site is shit, it doest show the different sizes
what size is the Latest model - MK3.1b
2.5 cm (1 inch) solid ceramic plates
?

by size i mean small, big etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
www.ghdhair.com.au australia / products / styling irons - here you can see the normal one (ghd original) and the bigger one (ghd salon styler)

united kingdom / products / styling irons - here you can also see the mini one (ghd mini styler).

*hopeful*

HSC
thanx iab but thats what i had looked at before
its crap because it doesnt specify measurements so i got no idea which one is the 2.5cm plate, mk3.1b model....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ooo right i get it
um ok well the normal (middle) one is *gets ruler* about 9cm by 2.4 cm, so it could be that one? but when i measured it in inches it was 3.5 by 0.75.
of course it's also possible that the latest model is newer / different to the one i'm measuring, so i don't know.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
OH
MY
FRIKIN
GOD

I totally just bought one last week and its soooo worth the cash!!!

I have hollywood hair right now!!!

And glitters: it is capable of ANY kind of curl! ringlets, sexy hollywood hair, curls just at the bottom, volumise your fringe, seriously, it just moulds your hair

It is SO EASY TO USE!!!! Just as long as you don't rush it like as if you're brushing your hair, just let it glide.

The website for ghd teaches you how to use it :)

oh my gosh i love my hair right now!

SO
FRIKIN
SEXY
i think you need to post pics :eek:

CPY WRT

HSC
Personal opinion - i have had, over the course of about a year, two ghd's. the first one was from europe. like mentioned earlier the stuff does wear off and burn your hair. then the heating element broke. the second was an australian one. same thing happened within 6 months. waste of money. thats over $600 in a year. the silver bullet is so so much betterbut you might be lucky hey. either way gives awesome hair styles

*hopeful*

HSC
^argh r u serz ? ghd being a fairly new thing, well to me, everyone i know who owns one has had it for <1yr so i dunno if its long lasting or not

i was considering silver bullet and only choose ghd cause i've actually used it in diff situations but now im all confused again :confused: how long have u used silver bullet for ?

*hopeful*

HSC
iambored said:
ooo right i get it
um ok well the normal (middle) one is *gets ruler* about 9cm by 2.4 cm, so it could be that one? but when i measured it in inches it was 3.5 by 0.75.
of course it's also possible that the latest model is newer / different to the one i'm measuring, so i don't know.
was the 0.75 the width ? (width is the across part right, not the long length)
cause im looking at it online and description says 2.5cm/1 inch so i guess thats what u measured ay ? the description is slightly exaggerating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)