Question about Overloading (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
Because I'm doing BCom/Sci if i wanted to overload this coming semester which faculty would i need to apply to?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You normally overload in the subject that you do less of. Normal the second half of your degree title, so I'd guess Sci.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Double degrees normally break into 3 subjects from one degree, 1 subject from the other. When you overload, it becomes 3 from one, 2 from the other.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
at UNSW you can choose however you want to do your subjects/courses (e.g. one semester you can do all 4 science subjects). i think you enrol in four courses first, and then for the remaining course, contact that course's faculty and ask them to enrol you manually.

Jonneeh

HSC
Double degrees normally break into 3 subjects from one degree, 1 subject from the other. When you overload, it becomes 3 from one, 2 from the other.
I did that my first 2 semester but with the type of subjects/majors i want to take the times (ie some subjects are only offered in specific semesters) it wont work out unless I do an Even 2-2 split.

So this semester i wanted to overload 3 Commerce & 2 Science subjects because i would like to make my timetable more robust since on a particular day I would have to travel 2hrs to uni then 2hrs back for a 2hr lab.

Jonneeh

HSC
i think you enrol in four courses first, and then for the remaining course, contact that course's faculty and ask them to enrol you manually.
Yeah i think its along those lines.
The Business Faculty requires a WAM of 75 whist the Science Faculty only needs 65
So i think its your degrees faculty you contact rather than the course's faculty.
According to the Handbook my degree is with the Business faculty so ill just go with that.
Hopefully my WAM is up to par

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)