Question about psychology at UWS (1 Viewer)

isjongood

HSC
Psychology is..... well Psychology is.........
Exciting :jaw:, young:cake:, interesting :speechless:, fun :jump:!!!

It's multidisciplinary, it's scientific, it's relevant, it's applied, it's theoretical, it's complicated, it's the most important science, it's philosophy, it's biology, it's self conscious, it's.......well it's......................................AWSOME!!!!:headbang:

I'll be more specific about what it's like tomorrow, I just wanted to let you know my surface opinion. :)

EDIT: oh and ^ yeah she is based at Bankstown and plays some higher role in the psych department. Oh and Ambermorn is right, some experience with science units (mostly biology) is very useful and some skill at math, however it's not vital (I didn't do any science units in the HSC - but I am good at math)

Last edited:

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Thanks for the brief insight! I'm going to do law so I might actually take up arts with a major in psychology and we'll see it goes.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I'm about to start at UWS this year (BA Psych), and I was wondering when to pick the psychology submajor, since I want to follow the accredited sequence. I went to the academic advising session, but I was still confused, because the guy said something about 'after finishing the psychology introductory units', but when exactly is that? Second semester? Second year?

And thanks for all the information in this thread. It's answered many of my questions :D

VicerExciser

HSC
I'm about to start at UWS this year (BA Psych), and I was wondering when to pick the psychology submajor, since I want to follow the accredited sequence. I went to the academic advising session, but I was still confused, because the guy said something about 'after finishing the psychology introductory units', but when exactly is that? Second semester? Second year?

And thanks for all the information in this thread. It's answered many of my questions :D
afaik the electives for the accredited curriculum all have prerequisites, so i guess we can pick them up sometime in the second year.

muscleman09

HSC
argh! Im still lost with my final unit selections... can someone explain what i need left... Im doing B.Arts, majoring in Psychology. On MySR, i go to Unit Sets, and i;ve enrolled in MAJOR Psychology. Do i also submajor psych as well?

Also with unit selections, i've enrolled in, the 2 BA core units, Psychology major,... what else am i missing? What exactly is the elective?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ PMed :)

The psych introductory units are Human Behaviour and Behavioural Science, once you've done them you're free to pick psych electives, as long as you meet all the other prerequisites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)