Question about the HSC trials (1 Viewer)

mirinbrah1

HSC
Are the trials apart of the assessment mark in your HSC? Looking through my syllabus for English 4 of my assignments combined are worth 65%, so I'm assuming the half yearly's were worth 15% and the trials are worth 20% of my assessment mark?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You school should have given you an outline of the assessment programme for your course telling the basics of the assessment tasks and the weighting for each task.

You should also have received specific information about each task again saying what the weighting of the task is.

As for whether the trials are a part of the assessment - that would be up to your school and even down to Faculty or teacher level.

mirinbrah1

HSC
So if the trials aren't apart of the assessment mark what do they count towards? I have my English Standard syllabus right here, it gives me the value of each assignment, AOS is worth 20% and Module a,b and c are worth 15%, so all that equals 65%, so that is why I am assuming half yearly's were worth about 15% and Trials are about 20% for English.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So if the trials aren't apart of the assessment mark what do they count towards? I have my English Standard syllabus right here, it gives me the value of each assignment, AOS is worth 20% and Module a,b and c are worth 15%, so all that equals 65%, so that is why I am assuming half yearly's were worth about 15% and Trials are about 20% for English.
They are.

bertstare

HSC
Hypothetically speaking, if they weren't apart of your assessment mark then they wouldn't count towards anything. But that's certainly not the case anywhere, I'd assume.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What did you school tell you your trials are worth?

The syllabus tells schools the weighting they may put on the topics but how the school decides to do that is up the the school.

mirinbrah1

HSC
What did you school tell you your trials are worth?

The syllabus tells schools the weighting they may put on the topics but how the school decides to do that is up the the school.
My school is awful, they haven't told any students about how assessment marks work, the syllabus I have does not say how much the English trial is worth just how much the assessments are worth.

J2good4u

HSC
N/A
Can someone help me, i was coming first in a subject before the trials and due to personal reasons was unable to adequately study i had put in an appeal form and the person that deals with curriculum and stuff said thatif my performance wasnt to my normal standard they would make my mark to correspond closely to my rank is this true

George121

HSC
Trials only count to your internal mark (don't worry too much about it; just try to keep your rankings in the top 5)

Trials are really the last resort to increase your rank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)