QUESTION - Admission to UNSW Engineering - Do you NEED Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I have a really hard decisiion to make. I dont really like chem, but i need it to become an engineer..i think?

I need someone to clarify. For the UNSW, do you NEED to study chemistry as a requirement for admission? And if not, will it affect my selection to that uni?

Thanks.

Black Hawker

HSC
Na, it says Chemistry and/or Physics for assumed knowledge. I had the same decision as you. I want to do engineering at UNSW, but wasn't that good at chemistry, so I decided to do physics only. If they need to then I'll do a bridging course.

HSC
N/A
If you've made up your mind to do engineering and it's assumed knowledge, you might as well do it. It's possibly to bridge course it but that's a lot more difficult. You'll need it anyway, you could just do it at school. Depends on specifically what branch of engineering, also. If you're doing physics, you'll probably be okay.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Since prerequisites no longer exist for uni courses, theoretically your subject selection shouldn't affect your chances of getting into that course, as along as you have enough UAI points and satisfy any other stated requirements eg. interview, portfolio, other tests. But doing a subject that is Assumed Knowledge would help greatly when you do the course, as they would teach you on the assumption that you have done it, although you don't HAVE to do the subject. It is to a lesser degree with the Recommended subjects, but as the name suggests, it will aid you in your studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)