Question for Ex. HSC Students (1 Viewer)

RachelGreen

HSC
I wanted to ask if any of you people have the slightest idea of what to do after high school? School is nearly ending, and I don't have a dam clue of what I want to do outside school. Has any of you ex HSC students stress out about this problem? Not knowing what you want to do? Btw, if you knew already what job/course you want to do after high school, how did you find out what you wanted to do? Because rn, I absolutely have no interest. Well, I do have interest, but my aspirations change like every single week, so yeah I have no clue what I want to do with my life after HSC. Thanks in advance to any replies

gandalfbrah

HSC
If your aspirations change every week, they aren't aspirations. Take some time to figure out what you really want and strive your hardest to achieve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You can always take some time after HSC to work it out. Take a gap year or jump into a job to give something a go. You don't have to make up your mind immediately.

leehuan

HSC
I literally just picked a degree and went with it. I still technically have no clue about what to do with life.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You can always take some time after HSC to work it out. Take a gap year or jump into a job to give something a go. You don't have to make up your mind immediately.
IMO gap year's a waste of time and you can't really get back into the habit of studying after one year of break

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I literally just picked a degree and went with it. I still technically have no clue about what to do with life.
m8 think twice and do more research otherwise you'll look like a fool (because you're making the wrong choices)

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
+ 1

There's no rush to figure out what you want to do after school, even though it might feel so. Often it can be best to give a few things a go, eg working, volunteering, etc, and finding out that way what you're most interested in pursuing.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I wanted to ask if any of you people have the slightest idea of what to do after high school? School is nearly ending, and I don't have a dam clue of what I want to do outside school. Has any of you ex HSC students stress out about this problem? Not knowing what you want to do? Btw, if you knew already what job/course you want to do after high school, how did you find out what you wanted to do? Because rn, I absolutely have no interest. Well, I do have interest, but my aspirations change like every single week, so yeah I have no clue what I want to do with my life after HSC. Thanks in advance to any replies
I ended up doing a gap year, possibly do something general in uni and try a bit of things.And it should be some good stuff for you.
You are not expected to sort your life out before UAC applications are due.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Same here, in a sense.

OP, if you do decide to go to uni, there's always the possibility of transferring degrees - so don't fret too much. But it is a good idea to have a general idea of what you want to pursue before you go to uni.

leehuan

HSC
m8 think twice and do more research otherwise you'll look like a fool (because you're making the wrong choices)
Um, obviously I thought?

Perhaps I wasn't specific but obviously I picked something based on my skills and likes. Do you see me doing arts? No, because I would hate it.

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
There is always the option to change, as long as you do it before the census date no dramas. What defines a "wrong choice"? I think if you put enough thought into it, you'll know whether you can do someone of the more-demanding courses for instance.

Sometimes there is good in just making a decision and sticking with it. But you can always change your mind later.

Flop21

HSC
Try to think about what you want to do. It doesn't just come to you straight away. I pretty much didn't really know what to do, I just looked at all the things I potentially wanted to do and picked what I liked most out of all of them.

I think it's easier on yourself if you know what you want to do so you're not stressed changing degrees and wasting money.

What do you like doing? Just what are your interests? E.g. what are your favourite 2 subjects at school?

HSC
take it each step at a time. move towards one thing you are happy with and so on until you end up where you want to be.

if you look aT UR lyf 2day and aren't happy, do one thing to change it, move to the thing you want be peace work.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
better question: your username is 'RachelGreen' but your Gender is Male

there are guys named rachel?!

And if you like your HSC subjects, it should be easier to choose university subjects. You pick what you like.

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
You won't know exactly what you want to do until you've spent some time in the real world. Go to uni for a year and do something you think you will like, then transfer if you dont like it. You're going to realise a lot about life that you never knew in high school, its a totally different game.

For me, it took me a year after high school to get my shit together, realise that arts degrees are stupid, the world doesn't care about my dreams, and to do well you need to give up on your high school dreams and just do what will allow you to have a stable job and support a family (if you are a guy), because that is the key to happiness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)