question on assignment (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hey im needing some help on a assignment
we have to find definitions of communications systems terms .. and then create our own communication system

but i am unsure what the definition of this word is :
"cell"

coz i looked and can't find it anywhere
dnno if it refers to cell phone .. or wateva.

thanks in advanced!

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
hi...i dont know the proper meaning of cell but from what my teacher was saying

im positive they mean the cells (towers) that mobile phones use to transmit radio signals from station to station.....they are usually located in each suburb and that's why when u for example go from paramatta to city ...the suburb names on ur phone changes as u r moving from one cell to another.....u might like to add that they are used as boosters /repeaters in the communication system.

mlando

HSC
shinji said:
but i am unsure what the definition of this word is :
"cell"
in the good old days they used to use a single frequency band for a wireless communications system. the problem is that you have to have high powered transmitters/receivers and you cant have too many nodes in the network. to fix these problems some smart people came up with cells.

the idea is that you create a small wireless network using one frequency in place A, then create small wireless networks using slightly different frequencies all around it. since each of the receivers/transmitters are low powered, if you go far enough from place A you can create another small wireless network using the same frequency as that used at A. each of these small networks is a cell.

that is majorly oversimplified, but i think it illustrates the main ideas. have a read this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)