Question regarding HSC Marks? (1 Viewer)

renny 123

HSC
When we get our HSC marks, are we given our raw mark or our scaled mark? Im confused!

Kamal15

HSC
mmm u never find out ur raw mark
what you will get is 3 marks, a moderated school mark, an external mark and an average of the two (ur hsc mark)

Freakstyler09

HSC
mmm u never find out ur raw mark
what you will get is 3 marks, a moderated school mark, an external mark and an average of the two (ur hsc mark)
Are the HSc marks the only marks used to calculate ur ATAR?

jet

Banned
HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/110/atar-hsc-marks-guidance-counsel/224085/hsc-results-16th-dec-what-do-we-actually-receive.html#post4638620

I posted up my record of achievement from last year. This should give you an idea.

jet

Banned
HSC
Are the HSc marks the only marks used to calculate ur ATAR?
ATARs are calculated from an average of the raw hsc mark and the moderated school mark, known as the raw hsc mark

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When we get our HSC marks, are we given our raw mark or our scaled mark? Im confused!
You get the aligned HSC exam mark, the moderated assessment mark and the average of those two which is the final mark for the subject.

You don't get your raw or scaled marks. Scaled marks are the ones the UAC uses to determine the ATAR.

HSC
Uni Grad
Umm, wasnt the result of the whole thing with the ombudsman raging at the cover up of the board of studies raw marks, that we do infact get raw marks now as well?

jet

Banned
HSC
No, the result was that they should give them to people who ask for it, I'm pretty sure.

And (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the ombudsman only makes recommendations, they don't necessarily stick.

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, fair enough, I dont want mine cos maths was..... /wrists

lynton

HSC
Question to jetblack and kamal! How come you did courses in 2008 im confused? Did you do the hsc over two years?

jet

Banned
HSC
I accelerated, though accelerated is pretty much just a case of pathways.

Because I accelerated I was able to do the Cosmology distinction course, but not everybody does it/gets accepted to do it.

lynton

HSC
Oh ok sweet. I was thinking about doing pathways because i trained a lot for swimming. But glad i didnt now. How did u find doing it accelerated?

jet

Banned
HSC
Stressful. I had to do all year 11 maths assessments at the same time just in case I dropped, on top of the whole year 11 workload for all other subjects. Thought about quitting a few times. Glad I didn't, lol.

Kamal15

HSC
That's not necessarily true now. :p
yes hahahaha i shoudlve remembered
with that whole ombudsman thingo yep you mite just be able to get these

@lynton: yeh like jetblack i did chem in year 11 and i found it pretty enjoyable, it even forced me to study in year 11 lol. i dont knoe how it is for maths but for a subject like chem the extra time that you have by doing one subject can make a huge difference

loz1

HSC
so this might be a stupid question.. but where do we find our hsc marks? is it still on the students online website?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)