Question: Summer session?? (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes there has to be a time of when you need to enrol by, but summer session doesn't start until after session 2 this year (after sessio 2, and before session 1 next year). The deadline is usually after session 2, so you can't enrol in it just yet. When you can start enrolling, information is posted on myUNSW with the key dates of when to enrol by.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
fantasia said:
what is summer session anyway? i've heard about it but not really sure.
It is a semester run during summer (condensed) where a limited amount of mainstream subjects are offered, and a majority of Gen Ed's are offered.

fantasia

HSC
is it only for people who fail? or can anyone take summer sessions?

so i guess people can finish their courses earlier if they take summer sessions?

tempco

HSC
fantasia said:
so i guess people can finish their courses earlier if they take summer sessions?
there's a minimum amount of time that each course must take. e.g. b eco must take at least 3 years.

sunny

meh.
HSC
fantasia said:
is it only for people who fail? or can anyone take summer sessions?

Only a very limited number of courses are run during summer session - most of them are the "common" subjects - things like Math 1A get repeated in summer session. Mostly, they're gen eds that people can do in a week or two. If you do your gen eds in summer, it will save you doing those 3 or 6uoc worth of gen eds for that year (meaning you'll only do 21uoc a session).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)