questions about leaving.. (1 Viewer)

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
i understand that the census date has passed and that i will have to pay anyway but how do i defer or attain a leave of absence in Sydney uni, do i need a really good reason to do so?

and how long can i get one for?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just-a-stranger said:
i understand that the census date has passed and that i will have to pay anyway but how do i defer or attain a leave of absence in Sydney uni, do i need a really good reason to do so?

and how long can i get one for?
lol arts too hard for you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
why dont you continue doing the subjects youre doing and then transfer to psychology? in fact you could be doing exactly the same subjects as you would in psychology under b arts

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
but i really don't know what to do with my life.. which is why i need to take time of uni and think.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just-a-stranger said:
but i really don't know what to do with my life.. which is why i need to take time of uni and think.
how will you 'think about it'? hey guyz i might go for a walk and then ill know wot to do for lyf

neafoo

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
usually when people don't know what to do with thier lives they just take an arts degree cause it is pretty broad
Like me ;D?

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
stazi said:
how will you 'think about it'? hey guyz i might go for a walk and then ill know wot to do for lyf
why not?

staying in uni while i think about it will cost a lot. ie. transport, food, gimmicks. but that doesn't really answer your question, just another reason why i should take a break. i don't know how i'll think about it.

wow, so many questions/comments as if you're THAT interested.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
because one year won't give you a clearer concept about what you want to do, unless you actually experience and work in each of those fields.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
stazi said:
because one year won't give you a clearer concept about what you want to do, unless you actually experience and work in each of those fields.
but not taking a year off would always make me wonder what doors i could have opened if i did.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what doors do you think you'll open? seriously, talk me through the process that you think will spark a big revelation into what you want to do for the rest of your life.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
what are you planning to do with your year off?

travel, work... just stay at home?
regardless, it seems silly.
1) employers will still see your absent fail marks or whatever they are called. although they won't count for anything, their presence will still make them wonder
2) you've been charged $2,400. that's a lot of money. why not just continue for only 10 more weeks and then defer in second semester if you absolutely must

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
what are you planning to do with your year off?

travel, work... just stay at home?
no, last thing i'd do is stay at home and do nothing.
im planning to work.. not sure where but i don't want an office job.

stazi said:
what doors do you think you'll open? seriously, talk me through the process that you think will spark a big revelation into what you want to do for the rest of your life.
im not even sure if that big revelation will come..
and the only door i can think of at the moment is the door to the big world.. and if i find that it's too scary at least i'll know that uni is for me right now.

and i dropped one of my subjects before the census so i'll only be charged 1900+.. it ain't the main point but for me it's a small price to pay for.. well, curiosity/happiness(hopefully).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what's worse, losing $2,000 or 10 weeks doing subjects that you can transfer to your next degree. it's only 10 more weeks. really, what changes if you take those 10 weeks off vs. if you don't? you can experiment with life after this period

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just-a-stranger said:
no, last thing i'd do is stay at home and do nothing.
im planning to work.. not sure where but i don't want an office job.
Do you think you'll get a job in anything other than retail with your qualifications? Very unlikely. All you'll do is make some money doing something that ultimately you won't want to do, and nothing will change.

Also, you not wanting an 'office job' shows your immaturity. You and your friends have decided this many years ago since it's oh so fashionable not to work 'an office job'. Most jobs you're likely to work in are officejobs. Even psychology, in a sense, is an office job

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
stazi said:
what's worse, losing $2,000 or 10 weeks doing subjects that you can transfer to your next degree. it's only 10 more weeks. really, what changes if you take those 10 weeks off vs. if you don't? you can experiment with life after this period
for me, losing 10 weeks that i could be doing something i enjoy would be worse.

i feel so.. lost in uni. i always feel like im just randomly going to my classes and im not even sure if i want to go and get a degree. but if i do i think i want to transfer to B psych...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
doing retail work that you'll enjoy?

and if you transfer to b psych you can transfer all the subjects you've already done.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
she can still quit uni, but she will have to pay for it. it's never 'too late' until the examination period (from memory)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)