Questions About Love (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

homegirl16

HSC
SOCIETY & CULTURE QUESTIONNAIRE

Please take part in this to help me complete my Society & Culture major HSC project. I am conducting this to collect answers for my subject area of teen love.
I apologise if any of the below questions offend you in any way, that is not my intention. I do not mean to pry into your personal life, I am just trying to collect information. I do not need to know your name, I just ask that you please answer the questions to your best ability and to the detail you desire. The information you disclose will be kept by me until the completion of my project, thereafter it will be deleted.
Your time, honesty and effort is appreciated and who knows you might find out something about yourself!

So please email this page back directly to me at society_and_culture_pip@hotmail.com with you answers in the appropriate blank spaces below each question from your own email address.

Feel free to forward this email to your friends to help me get more sources of information, thanks

1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?

3. What country are you from?

4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship?

5. How many relationships have you previously been involved in?
-that lasted less than a month

-more than a month but less than 6 months

-more than 6 months but less than a year

-more than a year

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year?

7. Do you believe teenagers can experience real love? If no; how old do you think a person should be before they can experience love?

8. Are you currently in love? Don't know; take the quiz http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/14/blisitlovequiz.htm

9. Have you been in love before?

10.What is your definition of love?

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc?

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school?

13.How many of your friends do you think are in love?

14. How many of your friends do you think are in a long term relationship?

15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship?

16. Have you had sex in one such relationship?

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many?

18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships?

19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship? Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love?

21. What are your views on teen pregnancy? eg For/against, abortion/adoption/keep

22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school?

23. If you are in a long term relationship at the end of high school, do you think you and your partner would do? Eg;
break up after graduation to go your separate ways, stay together, get married, or attempt a long distance relationship if going to different universities, etc?

Thanks for completing my questions.
peace

williamc

HSC
homegirl16 said:

1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?

Male

Australia
4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship?

No.

-more than a year

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year?

6 months.
7. Do you believe teenagers can experience real love? If no; how old do you think a person should be before they can experience love?

Yes.
8. Are you currently in love? Don't know; take the quiz http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/14/blisitlovequiz.htm

No.

Dunno.

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc?

Mum doesn't care, dad reckons pretty much said dont worry about long term relationships now, just try and fuck as many chicks as possible.
12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school?

One of my mates proally. I dunno, i think it is envitable they will cheat on each other at some stage.

dunno.

5-6.
15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship?

Umm 95% of couples have had sex before 6 months.

yes
17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many?

ololo. all.
18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships?

no.
19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship? Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone

yes. going out with the boys.
20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love?

Differs.
21. What are your views on teen pregnancy? eg For/against, abortion/adoption/keep

Depends on the circumstances.
22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school?

Yes. 20 years.
23. If you are in a long term relationship at the end of high school, do you think you and your partner would do? Eg;
break up after graduation to go your separate ways, stay together, get married, or attempt a long distance relationship if going to different universities, etc?

Stay together.
peace

blakegman

HSC
N/A
This thread makes me wonder why marketing firms dont just come on here posing as SAC students and collect free information.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Probably is.
Homegirl could be working for some research company on sexual relationship blah blahness.

williamc

HSC
blakegman said:
This thread makes me wonder why marketing firms dont just come on here posing as SAC students and collect free information.
yer same..

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC

1.How old are you?
19, almost 20.

2. What gender are you?
Female

China

Yes. 1 year and 9 months.

One - wasn't really a relationship, I felt used as the guy had no intention of emotional attachment, we'd been good friends, though, and still are.

Two - a 'prelim' and a rebound after my first, they don't really count, either.

One, 10 months - My 1st boyfriend.

-more than a year
One - my 2nd and current boyfriend.

A monogamous relationship lasting for 1 year or more.

Yes, but it's difficult to find. You've got to be friends first at least.

I am, thanks.

Yes, with my first.

It's when you're committed to the person and in it for the long haul, like when you want to marry them and be with them forever. It's unconditional, regardless of body image, religion, nationality...It consists of a triangle - Passionate love, caring love, and a sense of familial love.

Disapproving. They can't do anything about it and they're keeping silence on the issue. I should concentrate on my studies. We even have a term for teen relationships - early love syndrome, as if it's a disease! Both my parents disapprove of sex before marriage, even though we're Buddhist.

If circumstances permit - especially financial situations - and if they're certain that they're in it for mature reasons, e.g. not just for the sex, especially if they're Christians...but don't hold the other back in building lives!

A few.

A few.

Yes, definitely. I'd have started to go down that route had my first boyfriend not broken up with me.

Yes, with my current partner, we intend to marry, a few years before turning 30. I've known him since junior high and he's always been interested, but we've only begun a relationship 5 years after we first met. We were both virgins and had our first time 3 months into the relationship.

I really don't want to know. LOL. It's a weird concept, but yes, they are. Even some of the Christians and Catholic girls. Ironically, an athiest friend isn't.

Nope. Buddhism says that as long as either party doesn't cause harm to the other, it's fine. We're trying to have a constructive relationship in every way. It's also written down in everyone's destinies, who they're going to meet, when and for how long.

Yeah, both of us have felt bogged down. My b.f. used to always have freetime to think and be with himself and I'm losing quite a lot of studying time.

Perhaps right after they first meet?! I dunno, it's a matter of opinion and destiny. I know couples who're cautious about it all but after they've been together for a long time, they gradually admit that it was love at first sight or really early on.

Ah, that issue. I had my doubtful months too and I'm really against it. Buddhism doesn't allow the killing of lives and I knew that I'd be committing a sin - 'cos I would've aborted due to my circumstances. It's a complex issue, but the bottom line is that you'll lose either way. Your social life in this life, and you'll have life debts in your next.

At my high school there was this one couple who did marry and had a daughter. They'd already graduated, though, when I was in year 10. This is current. Going back in the years, there were couples back in the 1950s who've married and have been together ever since. One of the guys commented: "When we go near girls, our blood pressure goes up!"

I've already graduated - man, 3 years ago - and my partner was a year ahead of me. After he graduated, he kept on trying to catch me on trains, etc. He did that so many times and caught me a few times just to have a chat for 20 mins or so. He was afraid that I couldn't talk on phones then and I didn't have a mobile...and I'd only added him on MSN a year after he'd gone. We'd had a "one-day stand" back in his last year of high school, but that was awkward, we weren't ready then. He never did gave up, really. I feel really fortunate.

peace

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Please take part in this to help me complete my Society & Culture major HSC project. I am conducting this to collect answers for my subject area of teen love.
I apologise if any of the below questions offend you in any way, that is not my intention. I do not mean to pry into your personal life, I am just trying to collect information. I do not need to know your name, I just ask that you please answer the questions to your best ability and to the detail you desire. The information you disclose will be kept by me until the completion of my project, thereafter it will be deleted.
Your time, honesty and effort is appreciated and who knows you might find out something about yourself!

So please email this page back directly to me at society_and_culture_pip@hotmail.com with you answers in the appropriate blank spaces below each question from your own email address.

Feel free to forward this email to your friends to help me get more sources of information, thanks

1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
Male

South Korea

No

-more than a year

N.A.
Long-term relationship is where both parties have been involved in a particular relationship for a prolonged period of time (more than 1 year without any short separation).

Anyone can experience true love at any age. However, this is only determined by how long they keep their relationship or how strong their relationship is.
No

No

Dedicated commitment & care towards someone.

N.A.

It is okay as long as they are financially viable and mature enough to take care of themselves. I will not recommend though.

70% (approximation)

Less than 30%

N.A.

No

N.A.

No.

Yes. Being in a relationship is like a sacrifice. If you are commited for something, you are always bound to give up certain aspects of your life.

N.A.

I am against it, especially the ones where both parties were not aware of the danger/problem of teenage pregnancy.

No.

I am not sure

peace

You are welcome

TacoTerrorist

HSC

1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
Male

Australia
No

-more than a year

A long term relationship is a situation where a couple has been together for roughly a year+.

No. Teenagers are stupid and I hate them. Something like 21+ when their brain is fully developed.

No.

No.

Genuine care and affection of someone.

Not sure.

It is okay if you want to throw your life away.

A couple at best.

Only one.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

No, if anything a relationship enriches your life.

Not sure.

Uncool.

No.

Uncertain.

peace

I know I have to email it to you but I cbf.

Also, the answers to your questions are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)