Questions from interested 08ers. (1 Viewer)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
michael1990 said:
This is true.

But i thought the law would punish them even more than well normal people in society.
The law wouldn't. I'm not sure if they would receive internal punishment of somesort. And also, HAHA army guys not using violence, you're joking right? Army guys start more sh*t than you would believe.

blacksunset

HSC
michael1990 said:
This is true.

But i thought the law would punish them even more than well normal people in society.
you're correct, if they went up and got into big fight with someone for no reason, they would get charged with stuff you don't even wanna imagine...
but they generally dont get charged by law thats also correct.
they get sent back to the academy and their DO deals with them.
and there actually have been cases where a couple of staff have gone to mooseheads...

Last edited:

blacksunset

HSC
Evilo said:
So if "adfa boys" hang out at moose/shooters - what does that say about them?
also see above comment about the other bloke being punched in the face.

Do you have statistics on this? or are you making the assumption that the intake over navy/army/air would be even?

Like your boyfriends friends?

Plus i bet every second sentence that comes out of your mouth is "my boyfriend at adfa.....", so i'm sure there is never a problem there.

You're clearly more stupid that i thought. If you read my post again.

Obviously you and your boyfriend have a similar mental ability. Good luck with that. If you like, i can drop you off some colouring crayons next time i'm walking past B&G
i know the intake is not more than 50% army, i could find some statistics for u but i seriously cant be bothered.
the reason alot of them hang out t moose is because alot of the first years have a midnight curfew ,and mooseheads is the only place that has people in it before midnight..
and calling me stupid? you do what you want, you are the one who tried to shoveout all these facts on adfa and duntroon which you actuallydidnt have any idea about. you are obviously a complete loser who doesnt have any social interaction to know anything about anyone besides people in johns, nd you hang out on forums all day with your "friends."
have fun with that.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm not saying all ADFA blokes are dickheads. I know maybe one or two that are OK.

michael1990

HSC
blacksunset said:
you're correct, if they went up and got into big fight with someone for no reason, they would get charged with stuff you don't even wanna imagine...
but they generally dont get charged by law thats also correct.
they get sent back to the academy and their DO deals with them.
and there actually have been cases where a couple of staff have gone to mooseheads...
Well i know if they walk past a fight they have to break it up with resorting to physical violence. But if they got hit, they would of course 'self defend'?

michael1990

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
The law wouldn't. I'm not sure if they would receive internal punishment of somesort. And also, HAHA army guys not using violence, you're joking right? Army guys start more sh*t than you would believe.

LOL

I thought it would be both internal and external.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
michael1990 said:
Well i know if they walk past a fight they have to break it up with resorting to physical violence. But if they got hit, they would of course 'self defend'?
huh? so it's their duty to patrol the streets breaking up fights?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Gee I feel so warm and fuzzy at the thought of those wonderful ADFA boys looking out for poor little me.

blacksunset

HSC
yes it does belong to the UNSW.
they are going to self-defend themselves if someonehits them, but the mjority of them will not start anything, due to the consequences they know they will face. there is always the exception im not doubting that.
and its not their duty to ptrol the streets.
some of you people are so ignorant and obviously never step outside your comfort zone to meet people other than canberra people.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
blacksunset said:
yes it does belong to the UNSW.
they are going to self-defend themselves if someonehits them, but the mjority of them will not start anything, due to the consequences they know they will face. there is always the exception im not doubting that.
and its not their duty to ptrol the streets.
some of you people are so ignorant and obviously never step outside your comfort zone to meet people other than canberra people.
Define "canberra people".

Edit: As in people who spend most their time in Canberra, or people who live there the entire year?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
There were ADFA people at this expo i was at. They tried to get me to join..
It's quite good though. A fully paid for degree. I wouldn't do it though...

Evilo

HSC
blacksunset said:
the reason alot of them hang out t moose is because alot of the first years have a midnight curfew ,and mooseheads is the only place that has people in it before midnight..
PJs, O'Malleys, Hippo, Transit Bar
blacksunset said:
and calling me stupid? you do what you want, you are the one who tried to shoveout all these facts on adfa and duntroon which you actuallydidnt have any idea about.
So my assumption/generalization - (which was mostly right, because all you could argue was that not all of ADFA goes to Duntroon) - VS - You telling me off about the same thing for the 2nd time because you couldn't read my post properly.
blacksunset said:
you are obviously a complete loser who doesnt have any social interaction to know anything about anyone besides people in johns, nd you hang out on forums all day with your "friends."
hahahaha you know what, im not even going to argue with that, You've just made the equivalent argument of calling me a "silly head" in primary school.

2 things: I'm sick at the moment, hence why im online 24 hours a day. Secondly i get (heaps of) emails from prospective ANU students that require answers from someone who is positive about this place. Unlike yourself, i'm not so piss weak that canberra is "crap" because it only has 4 shopping centres.
blacksunset said:
coz canberra is pretty crappy...
blacksunset said:
i wouldnt shop in sydney either... melbourne hasthe best shopping in the country so thats the only place i would shop.
what canberra lacks is designers, originality, lanes full of individual boutiques, fashion students creations, anything thats not generic.
what it has is a very crappy myer, a very crappy dj's, and too many chain stores
pretentious....

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=169910&page=2

PS - For the record i only know one person on these forums personally.
blacksunset said:
have fun with that.
ok i will.

michael1990

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Ah no.
But if they happen to be walking down the street and see a fight they have to try and stop it without resorting to physical violence.

I think everyone knows its not their job.

For some unknown reason, i thought thats why we employed police?

GreatRabbitWall

HSC
OK, just quickly back to the original questions at the start before the rest of you can sontinue your shit talk.

I am one of the Student Ambassadors at the College of Business and Economics at ANU, and our main role is to talk to potential students about ANU and the CBE.

S.T.P said:
how does the business and economics faculty rank compared to unsw & usyd???
Economics at ANU is one of the best, if not the best economics course in the country, and has a very high reputation, especially overseas. Just a warning though that ANU's Economics sets a very high standard, and if you are doing an Economics degree at ANU that you do a maths bridging course unless you did well in 2 unit maths.
Compared to USyd and UNSW, Economics at ANU is very different. ANU Economics is about economics, and you will do economics. This is very different from UNSW and USyd, whose Economics degree essentially is the same as doing their Commerce degree and taking a major in Economics. Because of this approach, they don't have as great a focus on economics and their economics degree, when compared to ANU, looks quite amateurish (for a start, I do not know of another economics program in Australia apart from ANU that makes third year economics compulsory for its economics students).

For business subjects, ANU is still very good, however the School of Economics is the most highly regarded school within the CBE.
Something to consider: a new degree from 2009, Bachelor of Business Administration

Basically, ANU is very strong and highly regarded in economics, science (in general), politics and international relations.

ganj3 said:
Im very interested at studying Actuarial Studies and willing to go to ANU but I want to know do a lot of people apply to ANU for Actuarial Studies? How many places does ANU offer for Actuarial Studies??
From what I have heard from CBE from being a SA there, the actuarial cutoff went up this year. It is becoming more popular and harder to get in.
If you miss out on actuarial, another option is to get in through a BFinance or BCommerce and apply to transfer to actuarial after your first semester or first year. If you apply yourself well, keep focus and don't get lost in the system of having the 'Ps make degrees' mentality stuck in your head, it shouldn't be very hard to finish your first year in commerce with a HD average (and before people talk shit about that, all it needs is a bit of effort and determination and a bit of self-control - I talk from my own experience).

BackCountrySnow said:
Is the published UAI cutoff of 75.00 for B economics the main round cutoff?

And what is this about the base cutoff getting raised to 85.00?
I have heard nothing from CBE regarding this, although I have heard that ANU took too many students in at the beginning of the year, and as a result, mid-year's cutoffs may not be the same as the start. There was a rumour about this going around at the end of last year that Commerce and others were going up to 85, but that didn't eventuate for Sem1 this year.

Evilo

HSC
michael1990 said:
they have to try and stop it without resorting to physical violence.
hahaha i've never seen a fight stopped that way.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
michael1990 said:
Ah no.
But if they happen to be walking down the street and see a fight they have to try and stop it without resorting to physical violence.

I think everyone knows its not their job.

For some unknown reason, i thought thats why we employed police?
Is your sarcasm detector broken Michael?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)