Questions (1 Viewer)

laurenmissy7

HSC
so does anyone other than UAC get to see your raw marks? Are they sent to your school?

Also, In my physics class, we had a 3-way tie for 1st place. I've heard that the person who gets the highest assesment mark basically gets the highest exam mark, even if it isn't really their mark (really simplified and probably wrong)

If this is true, is this just for UAI scaling or is this for the mark you get back aswell. And does this mean that we (me and the other two who got first - trippy hey?) will all get basically the same mark?

EDIT:
Also, I know that one of the people who came first will definately beat me in the test, does this mean that I will get their higher mark too?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I'm pretty sure only the Board of Studies and UAC see your raw marks, although you could get them via a FOI application.

Normally, the person who has first rank will get the highest HSC exam mark as their moderated assessment mark. In a tie for first, the assessment mark for those people will be the average of the HSC exam marks that the people will get. So you will get the average of the HSC exam marks that you three will get, and still keep your HSC exam mark.

undotwa

HSC
What happens when the person who comes 1st in the assessment mark does not come first in the hsc exam?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What the school is given is the raw assessment mark (seeing as they sent that in that isn't really a surprise), the scaled assessment mark (the one you get with your results) and the scaled exam mark.

So the only mark extra they get is the one they sent in.

The school doesn't get told your UAI unless you choose to tell them.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Normally, the person who has first rank will get the highest HSC exam mark as their moderated assessment mark. In a tie for first, the assessment mark for those people will be the average of the HSC exam marks that the people will get. So you will get the average of the HSC exam marks that you three will get, and still keep your HSC exam mark.
That will only be true if those three students obtain the top three exam marks - strictly speaking, if there are n students tied for first place, their moderated assessment marks will be set equal to the average of the top n examination marks (which may or may not have been attained by those students).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)