Quick Q (energy) (2 Viewers)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
good point. i can just imagine the shear outrage when people are marked down for using a different letter to the one the professor likes
Its just silly. All design or research related stuff is customisable to the person so hence it is actually required to be flexible.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Its just silly. All design or research related stuff is customisable to the person so hence it is actually required to be flexible.
Generally, yes - if there are a few different ways of writing something (like, common ways), it's fine - as long as you don't denote force as Z, mass as G, and acceleration as T, or something ridiculous, it should be fine. I think the important thing is that you are clear what each letter means (include a box on the side with "F: force, m: mass, a: acceleration" or something like that). It's probably okay to do whatever you like as long as it's clear what it is - you could do pokeballs if you really wanted to.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally, yes - if there are a few different ways of writing something (like, common ways), it's fine - as long as you don't denote force as Z, mass as G, and acceleration as T, or something ridiculous, it should be fine. I think the important thing is that you are clear what each letter means (include a box on the side with "F: force, m: mass, a: acceleration" or something like that). It's probably okay to do whatever you like as long as it's clear what it is - you could do pokeballs if you really wanted to.
nek minute; does pokeballs

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah lol generally.

Unless there is a specific standard set globally (like the periodic table's symbol assignment is specific globally or IEEE symbols are specific), then you can choose whatever as long as its clear.

I had to write on my maths papers "please denote j = sqrt(-1) for everything because I got into the habit of using it"

Oh and unless you had some type of OCD then you would never use letters like Z for force, etc.

Just doesn't make sense naturally either.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Sounds like a typical rote learner response - that formula is used to calculated escape velocity and escape velocity only.
Yeah aren't we talking about escape velocity?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah aren't we talking about escape velocity?

Nope. All we have here is a system where chemical energy from fuel is being added to it. The question asks for the variation of Ep and Ek as shown on a graph.

Hence:

where M is mechanical energy, K is the kinetic, U is the potential, and subscripts f for final and i for initial.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Oh sorry. Thanks for clarifying

-.... ¡¡¡¡...._

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)