Quick Question on Essay Paragraphs (1 Viewer)

starryblue

HSC
when you're doing essays, can your paragraphs be 1/2 page (typed up) or is it too long? coz it's like one theme per paragraph...and if you need to have short paragraphs, e.g. 2 paragraphs/theme, do u need to do u no quote, techniques, link to question two times?
thanks for the help =)

HSC
it all depends. It would probably be fine to just have one big paragraph ... but if it bugs you ... just split it into two and you probably don't have to do anything.

starryblue

HSC
it all depends. It would probably be fine to just have one big paragraph ... but if it bugs you ... just split it into two and you probably don't have to do anything.
yay~ then i'll just leave it like that. thanks for the advice!

interesting

HSC
N/A
Just do the quote, techniques, link to question once per theme

jnney

lemon
HSC
even if i do two paragraphs for each theme?
That's what you should be doing. You'll get pwned for typing up half a page for only one paragraph, especially in year 11. I mean, imagine when it's time to write it out, it'll be like a page long! :p

starryblue

HSC
That's what you should be doing. You'll get pwned for typing up half a page for only one paragraph, especially in year 11. I mean, imagine when it's time to write it out, it'll be like a page long! :p
ahh...true true...thanks for the advice!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Paragraphs are meant to be unified in the theme (hence why the content is chosen to be in the same paragraph). You may lose marks for structure.

Therefore i think you should have the uber page long paragraph. It's normal in year 11 and 12 (in english ext i was writing 1.5 page paragraphs and the teacher didn't care).

Ask your teacher though as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)