Quick question (1 Viewer)

Haneenooo

HSC
N/A
Hello,

Theoretically speaking, if one forged a doctor’s certificate and their teacher found out is she allowed to award them a zero. Also, what if they bring in a true doctor’s certificate stating that they were truly sick during those days with a letter of apology, do they still receive a zero?

Best regards.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes

It would depend on a case-by-case basis if the circumstances which led to the forgery was genuine.

madharris

HSC
N/A
If it's forged then yes you are allowed to be awarded 0 since you basically didn't hand one in, in the first place
(might as well have handed in a drawing of a monkey)

And in regards to if you do bring in a real one after you have handed in the fake one, then I guess it's up to the school itself what they want to do in that situation (whether they want to give you an actual mark or a 0)

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
A mark of 0 is the least punishment you'd get. I wouldn't be surprised if much harsher penalties were awarded. The board of studies takes cheating very seriously, and this is effectively a form of cheating.

HSC
Forgery is illegal and not to mention a serious crime. It happened at my school once and the girl got suspended. So I don't know if they would still receive a 0 but more severe penalties will be in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)