• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quitting Smoking (1 Viewer)

peter2

Banned
HSC
Hi all,

This is to all smokers out there. I used to be a heavy smoker (smoked a pack a day) for 4 years. Pretty much ever since the first day of year 12. Anyways, I made my new years resolution to quit smoking and to be honest with you all, I have successfully quit for about 5 months now. honestly, best decision I have ever made. Don't give me those fucking excuses of "ohh I cant quit its too hard". I would guarantee all of you that I was more addicted than anyone on this site. There is a pretty new drug on the pharmecutical market called "champix" which is what I used to quit. What is does is it stops your nicotine receptors in your brain and helps you quit. Best thing is that there is no nicotine and therefore, you are not actually getting nicotine unlike those piece of shit patches. Listen, everyone who wants to give up smoking, go to your local doctors asap and tell them to prescribe you "champix". soo many people worldwide have quit by using this tablets. Any more info, just private msg me or google it. Honestly, If i done it, anyone can do it.

Always here to help,

Love all,
Pete

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Hi all,

This is to all smokers out there. I used to be a heavy smoker (smoked a pack a day) for 4 years. Pretty much ever since the first day of year 12. Anyways, I made my new years resolution to quit smoking and to be honest with you all, I have successfully quit for about 5 months now. honestly, best decision I have ever made. Don't give me those fucking excuses of "ohh I cant quit its too hard". I would guarantee all of you that I was more addicted than anyone on this site. There is a pretty new drug on the pharmecutical market called "champix" which is what I used to quit. What is does is it stops your nicotine receptors in your brain and helps you quit. Best thing is that there is no nicotine and therefore, you are not actually getting nicotine unlike those piece of shit patches. Listen, everyone who wants to give up smoking, go to your local doctors asap and tell them to prescribe you "champix". soo many people worldwide have quit by using this tablets. Any more info, just private msg me or google it. Honestly, If i done it, anyone can do it.

Always here to help,

Love all,
Pete
Proud of you son

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Hi all,

Always here to help,

Love all,
Pete
how much does champix cost?

peter2

Banned
HSC
how much does champix cost?
Very cheap! For one months supply, it is about $15 dollars. If you have a health care card, Much much less. It costs the government a heck load to subsidise the costs of this new drug. It is known as the miracle drug for smoking. Please all smokers, go to your doctors know and ask about champix!!!

peter2

Banned
HSC
Tulipa, Please please please see your doctor regarding this. Tell them to prescribe you Champix. I would honesrtly guarantee you that you will successfully quit!

peter2

Banned
HSC
Yeah no.

A lot of it for me is breaking the habits associated with smoking, not so much just the nicotine addiction. This is my first time quitting. I'm going to see how I can do cold turkey to begin with.
OK well hopefully you can do it cold turkey. If not, you know what to do. Just make sure if you quit to keep it permanent. I have seen a few friends quit for like a week, month etc but then go back to it. Feels like such a waste

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i only smoke casually.

and i mostly smoke cigars, cause i'm fidel castro like that.

HSC
Poor Riet is going to have so much shame if he relapses. Especially given that his gf is a forum member.

Avoidance of humiliation is probably a good motivator to quit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)