Quitting (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
So I'm going to be resigning from Woolworths, most likely in a couple of days, and i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do, how much notice i'm supposed to give, stuff like that.
Anyone who's quit a job at Woolworths or similar, what do I do?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Haha, I'm your person!

I quit Woolworths a few weeks ago. I handed in a notice of resignation, which was seen as my two weeks notice. After the two weeks are up, I was gooooooooone.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Two weeks? god damn, i was hoping it would be 1 week. What did you say on your notice of resignation?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
It just said:

This is a notice of <name> termination of employment here. Due to lack of work and availability, she has decided to leave.

Or something along those lines. And hasn't it always been two weeks notice?

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Ok, thanks for that. I had no idea how long the advance notice was meant to be, i just dont savour the thought of staying there another 2 weeks

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Neither did I. But in my last week, I had no shifts so I finished a week early :D

hk31

HSC
LOL...i can give u advice on this question too!!
welll....i haven't given in my resignation in writing...but i've rang them and all i need to do now is to give them my letter....

it doesn't take 2 weeks....cos well.....i haven't been working there for 3 weeks already and out of the blue one day...they rang me and asked if i wanted to work the next day...i said.."no, im actually thinking of quitting"...then i had a talk with the manager and its done!!
:D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Well, that's both good ways. Or you can walk around with a sign that says "Fuck you Woolworths, I'm quitting"

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Or steal from the outlet. Anything to shit on Woolworths is good.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If you are just quitting a casual position do you need to give two weeks notice?? I'm worried about quitting my job... I'm doing it purely for financial reasons (I know that sounds wrong but it's true) but I don't want people to be shitty.... what should I do?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
If you are just quitting a casual position do you need to give two weeks notice?? I'm worried about quitting my job... I'm doing it purely for financial reasons (I know that sounds wrong but it's true) but I don't want people to be shitty.... what should I do?
how is that wrong ash?? you are a student who needs to fund themselves through uni.. how on earth is it wrong to work just for money at the moment!?

as for being a casual, no, technically you don't have to give any notice at all, you can just keep saying no to shifts. but as a courtesy, 2 weeks notice applies across all industries.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
oops, just applied for woolies online...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
oops, just applied for woolies online...
Haha, poor you.

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Well I told my supervisor I wanted to quit and she said I had to give 2 weeks notice. So I did.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
So I'm going to be resigning from Woolworths, most likely in a couple of days, and i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do, how much notice i'm supposed to give, stuff like that.
Anyone who's quit a job at Woolworths or similar, what do I do?
ur all a bunch of quitters! pathetic

i smoke a pack of cigs a day , i kno they r bad for me but i aint gona quit coz i was brought up not to b a quitter!!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
ur all a bunch of quitters! pathetic

i smoke a pack of cigs a day , i kno they r bad for me but i aint gona quit coz i was brought up not to b a quitter!!!

Nobody asked for your fucking opinion. Go back to spamming Non-School.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
so, if I was to resign, could I mention that I wasn't happy in my letter or not? Like - politely of course. I would say I want to bomb the place it pissed me off so bad....something like, I felt unwelcome and disrespected?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)