Quitting (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Isn't the whole idea of working meant to be about getting the moolah? Especially being a student and all, I thought the whole work satisfaction thing kicked in when you graduate and get fulltime work?

I had a friend who just decided to stop turning up to work, if you really don't like the place and aren't expecting a reference from anyone, just walk. It's not like they can't stop you.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by MissMacbeth
so, if I was to resign, could I mention that I wasn't happy in my letter or not? Like - politely of course. I would say I want to bomb the place it pissed me off so bad....something like, I felt unwelcome and disrespected?
Yes you could but I wouldn't. That just gives people a bad impression IMO and you don't want that. Just say your resigning for personal reasons. :)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
oh, ok. So I'd write something like:
I so and so wish to resign from Kmart due to personal reasons *or something like that*

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Apparently you don't really need to give notice if you're just a casual. I did it a few days ago that's what she said.
I said I'd finish the week off because I was already on the roster, but could have just left then and there

clerisy

HSC
I used to work at Woolworths, and they were so disorganised. I handed in my resignation, finished my shifts and stopped working. Three months later, I received a phone call asking if I could work that afternoon. I told them I had quit some time ago. "Oh," said the supervisor and hung up. A couple of weeks after that I was called again and angrily told that I'd worked absolutely nothing in months and how could I expect to keep my job if I never worked? I told them I had not kept my job for several months. Aren't they stupid?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
Apparently you don't really need to give notice if you're just a casual. I did it a few days ago that's what she said.
I said I'd finish the week off because I was already on the roster, but could have just left then and there
They lied to me!!! Bastards!!

Haha, I love telling them off. I told some woman at Woolworths Metro in the city off. It was great being the customer!!

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
at my work (kfart) Im am the last guy out of the my group that was hired all at once, left. Most of them have just said, Im leaving blah blah blah and that was it. But we are all casual nite fillers so maybe its different for others? I plan to leave my job soon, its boring and ive been there too long.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
casuals arent required to give two weeks notice, you can up and leave in the middle of a shift if you like, but its polite to give them enough time to replace you. In a place like woolies its easier to quit than in a smaller business because you are easier to replace.

if you want a good reference then its good to leave with no hard feelings, because if you put that you worked at a place but then have no reference for it, prospective employers are gonna think thats a bit suss.
spose it depends on the circumstances of your leaving though.

oh - hint to all, never bag out previous employers at a job interview - it doesnt reflect well on you.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
That's bullshit then. I was told "two weeks notice". What liars! I spose it doesn't matter now, but that's not the point!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Hey, what is so bad about working at Woolworths? Do they treat you bad:confused:?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
natstar said:
I think woolworths has a thing for hiring bitchy managers. I work at checkouts and we have been through 4 service managers (head supervisors) and they have all been complete and utter bitches......
I see, thanks natstar:).

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
You can be an ass and resign on the same day you hand it in like I did - I was told, 'don't ask me for a reference'. If you give two weeks notice, which is what most people do, then you should be alright for a reference. This was my letter:

< NAME>
Store Manager,
Glendale Dominos,
553 Main Rd,
Glendale, NSW. 2285.

Dear Ben,

I tender my resignation as a Driver from Glendale Dominos, effective as of 22/04/'04.

I have accepted another job within the security industry, which better suits my schedule.

Working with you and all the other staff of Dominos Glendale has been very rewarding and I wish to thank you for employing me over the last 5 months.

Yours sincerely,

< MY NAME >

helloyo

hahaha. as soon as i find a new job i'm quitting woolies too. i have only lasted 5 months, but after todays shift... all the people there (well mostly) are really nice, and theres nothing really bad, just it is very tiring repetive work.

i need a reference cos this is the only place i've worked for properly, so i'll leave on good terms. will 5 months look bad on a resume?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
man i cant wait to quit woolies..... somewhere else needs to employ me first
then i will

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Merethrond said:
Hey, what is so bad about working at Woolworths? Do they treat you bad:confused:?

its just really boring and tiring
4 hours straight on your feet in one spot doing the same thing over
then an hour break
then another 4 hours if you are working a long shift
they dont treat you bad but in my case they dont listen to you when you are unavailable and expect you to drop everything even though you have given notice

theres my 2 cents i bet i can think of something else but to tired

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
yes, that is soooo trueeee...sometimes they dun give me my 15mins break at all!!
Stupid checkoutsssssssss, and my feet ache like helllllllllll
I hate running out of change, esp: $20 notes, $10 and $5 notes hehehe
AIIYEE and ppl give u $50 notes wen they buy something so little....
And when u havta do ur capsule and send it up and ppl get impatient..arghhh
I hate wooliesssssssss, and last but not least the bitchy supervisorsssssss eeeesh!!!~

mishka

HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
This was my letter:

< NAME>
Store Manager,
Glendale Dominos,
553 Main Rd,
Glendale, NSW. 2285.

Dear Ben,

I tender my resignation as a Driver from Glendale Dominos, effective as of 22/04/'04.

I have accepted another job within the security industry, which better suits my schedule.

Working with you and all the other staff of Dominos Glendale has been very rewarding and I wish to thank you for employing me over the last 5 months.

Yours sincerely,

< MY NAME >
what a good scaffold!! short, succint and to the point!! :p

i don't know how much longer i'll be at kmart. i think i'd rather an office-y job. i do data entry at another place and enjoy it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)