R.I.P Proof (of D12) (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528386/04112006/d12.jhtml?headlines=true

dude....i mean i wasn't the biggest fan of D12, but i did respect them. My friends took me to one of their concerts and they put on a really good concert, proof was the one who stood out. When i saw this news i couldn't even close my mouth, it just hung there, then i just sat there and stared at the words...i didn't believe allhiphop at first but then it was confirmed on mtv.com. He was shot dead only at whenever 12-1am in US is today..Hopefully he is with one of his apparant best friends now, j dilla. I know it's a celebrity bla bla bla i dont even know the dude, but i just cant help but feel just blown away by the news. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

damn..

R.I.P

JoeMK

HSC
:confused: WTF? you serious

i didnt really likred12, but i think he was the nicest.. he had the cleanest style

Life's a bitch
and then you die

RIP

Pace_T

HSC
oh shit what a shock
omg

he was the best in d12 imo
:(

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
that is so sad :(
how shocking...

tragic news.

Zoe.Hibbard

HSC
It horrible, i mean, we hear of all this violence and big talk in their lyrics - and if your anything like me, you just listen, but are like 'whatever, they're all talk'.. its really scary to think that for some people, they are rapping about their reality, and their reality is death.
May his family be in peace, and may it be a lesson to other members of this 'eastcoast/westcoast rivalry' thing going on or whatever, that sometimes things get beyond your control.

Monstar

HSC
Doubt they'll ever find the killer.. only to have to look at L, Pac and Biggie..

robbie1

HSC
i was at uni today practising my speech that i had to give at 2pm

i get a msg from my mate "proof got shot and killed"

i couldnt move for like 10 mins

almost started crying

this man was a hero to me

i went to D12 in december 2004 and saw him live

he was the best entertainer and was always laughing and looked like he was enjoying every minute of it

i feel so empty....my presentation was probably really bad cause i must of looked really depressed and was probly talking to myself only

R.I.P

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=95371

M.I.A-187

HSC
Yeah i saw the news and didn't believe it thinking its all some april fool thing until it was confirmed. :( That sort of mess me up because i knew proof off from a forum (and yes he personally did post there) and he always so nice and caring to everybody. I may not be a D12 fan but i deffinately agree Proof is Ill and he got a lots of potential. May His Mental Rest In Peace. This is overrall a great lost to Proof's Family, D12 and Hip Hop in general.

R.I.P Proof.

IM IN THE CLUB TO BEEF, YOU GOTTA MURDER ME THERE" :( :( omfg the irony. ...

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
that 'like toy soldiers' video seems really wierd now,
fuck yeh, i still cant believe it but

i just wanna see him again :(

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
some wanker on 96.1 said 'lol now its gonna be called D11'

seriously, oh well they don't respect hip hop either because they continually play pop garbage fuck i wish everyone would just boycott those fags

apparantly proof was just in melbourne a few weeks ago and wasn't on that V.I.P egotistic bull either hanging out with dudes on the dancefloor.

robbie1

HSC
DeShaun Holton (October 2, 1975 – April 11, 2006), better known as Proof, was an American rapper and member of the rap group D12. Proof also doubled as Eminem's 'hypeman' and was a long time friend of his. He also went by the nicknames Big Proof, P, Derty Harry, and Oil Can Harry.

Although Proof first rose to national prominence as a part of the rap group, D12, he had been quite successful on his own prior to D-12 being signed to a major label owned by group member Eminem. Most notably, he was featured in The Source's Unsigned Hype column in 1999 and came close to winning the 1998 Blaze Battle. He rose to prominence in 2001 with the release of Devil's Night, D12's debut album with Interscope Records, and the album's heavily aired radio hit, Purple Pills. The following year, Proof collaborated with Dogmatic on Promatic and joined Eminem's 'Anger Management' tour in support of the release. He also appeared in the movie 8 Mile as Lil' Tic, a freestyler who trounces the lead character with his battle verse. Off the hype from the film, Proof released a six-song EP called “Electric Koolaid-Acid Testing."

Proof released a solo effort featuring collaborations with Eminem, 50 Cent, Method Man, Nate Dogg, Obie Trice and other members of D12 on his own Iron Fist imprint. Called Searching for Jerry Garcia, the album dropped August 9, 2005, 10 years to the day following Grateful Dead frontman Jerry Garcia's death.

Proof said he observed a universal quality to express freedom and commonality juxtaposed with the ills that led to Garcia's demise. Proof noted, "Despite his genius, Jerry Garcia died from drugs, stress, and poor diet. At one time or another we all struggle through one of those things, so in a way, we all have a little Jerry Garcia in us."

The album's scrupulous amalgamation of hard-core hip hop, reckless rock, and thoughtful jazz with live instruments lays bare his soul and undeniable skill. "I want to show that you can talk about more than one thing in hip hop. Rapping about cars and your Rolex is played out," said the MC. "You can be different and still be successful."

Proof began his career in Detroits Hip Hop Shop, where he organized freestyle tournaments. It was there that he met Eminem and proposed forming a clique with several other members, in what would become D-12.

Death
On April 11, 2006, Proof suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head at approximately 4:30am CDT (09:30 UTC) following an argument at the CCC Club — where Proof had begun his career years earlier — on 8 Mile Road in Detroit, Michigan. He was then taken by private vehicle to St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment site, and was pronounced dead on arrival shortly thereafter. According to reports, Holton died instantly. Another man, Kevin McLaughlin, who was shot along with Proof, is in critical condition at the same hospital. Police have no suspects in the shooting. [1][2]

Proof is survived by wife Sharonda, sons Deshaun Rice and Elija Abel, and daughter Katieva Walker.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
some wanker on 96.1 said 'lol now its gonna be called D11'

seriously, oh well they don't respect hip hop either because they continually play pop garbage fuck i wish everyone would just boycott those fags

apparantly proof was just in melbourne a few weeks ago and wasn't on that V.I.P egotistic bull either hanging out with dudes on the dancefloor.
What a fuckwit

...technically it'd be called D10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)