• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Radiohead Any-one? (2 Viewers)

SitDownStandUp

HSC
N/A
I see a few of you guys like thom yorke and his band compatriots, any fav songs/ best album? OK Computer and favourite song is Climbing Up the Walls for me.

spell check

HSC
i think once they started collaborating with jon davis of korn their music suffered

PrettyVacant

HSC
Well, They're pretty cool. I haven't heard that much of them. I only have Ok computer.

Satori

HSC
My favourite albums are amnesiac and HTTT. Favourite songs are 'like spinning plates', 'We suck young blood', cuttooth, and every other song they have written. Thoms songs with PJ Harvey and UNKLE were good too, and they were great live.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Excellent! I was just thinking I should post a thread to try and suss out all the RH fans. You beat me to it! I love them so much, and it is so hard to choose my fav album and song... Ill have to do it album by album (in order)
1. OK Computer - Let Down & No Suprises
2. Amnesiac - Life In A Glasshouse & Pyramid Song
3. Kid A - How to Disappear Completely
4. Hail To The Thief - Wolf at The Door & There There
5. The Bends - The Bends & Fake Plastic Trees
6. Pablo Honey - Thinking About You
There we go! Sorry that I went so far into it! Did anyone go to their concert this year?? One of the best nights of my life, I swear

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i was watching a bit of vanilla sky last night (a fucked up random movie) but it had i might be wrong and everything in its right place on the ost.

i didnt gte to see them when they came to sydney and im pissed off about that still.

im listening to go to sleep atm!!

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Man, Im so lucky a friend decided she couldnt go and so I got the ticket (for the concert).. talk about fate! Yeah, im at school atm and I forgot to put a cd in my discman (I hate it when that happens) and now i really feel like listening to 'The Bends' now...

Vanilla Sky, eh? I love Cameron Crowe (yeah Almost Famous) but I have to say that VS just didnt do it for me. Maybe its because Penelope Cruz's voice makes me want to kill myself. Maybe I should give it another go? I dunno. Have fun!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
the story for that movie is too random and stupid- u watch the movie and it really doesnt make a point or leave u with any impressions except that it was a failed attempt to make a hollywood blockbuster

damn i wish i was that lucky- i envy u so much getting that ticket, but next time i get a chance ill see them

Satori

HSC
I made it to the 2nd concert, a seat pretty far back, but better than nothing. I took a walkman and have it all on cassette tape. Fun.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Yeah I was at the first Sydney show, and i was kinda towards the side, but pretty close (man, i would have loved to be on the dance floor... but beggars cant be choosers, right?) And I have been searching for bootlegs of that first sydney show since the concert - with no luck! grrr... Anyways, I have enough bootlegs at home from other shows i guess.

Does anyone here like Muse? I've found through my experiences that a lot of Radiohead fans don't appreciate Muse (the whole "copycats" argument is one i've heard the most) but yeah, Im just curious...

Satori

HSC
I like muse, but tickets sold out before i could get one to their last concert.
i dont think they sound like radiohead.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Yay! Muse and Radiohead fans!! Haha, yeah I missed them at the Big Day Out (one of my biggest regrets, coz the line-up was so awesome this/last year) but I saw them at the hordern (more like I got crushed in the mosh with occassional glimpses of the band) and that concert was mad too - i've never been more sweaty and battered in my life, lol! What other bands are you guys into? Sorry, I don't know anyone's name!

K

katie_tully

the head teacher at school swapped me my jet cd for his radiohead cd.
best swap i ever made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)