• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Radiohead Any-one? (2 Viewers)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
i'm so fucking sick of pathetic teenage boys who quote that movie at me all fucking day thinking it makes them deep. ahhhh!
school must suck like that

uni is cool, can completely ignore the existence of entire cliques of people

and yeah fight club is so an adjective

eg: that chair is so fight club

or, that backwards cap is so fight club

hating black people is so fight club

hmm i guess there is limited use

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
god forbid we could like anything that is slightly mainstream, even if it does have merit...like let's ignore if it is of good quality and judge it on its popularity. condescending twats.

just curious, does it make you feel good to degrade other people's tastes? because if it does, you guys should be ecstatic at the moment, you've made me and my tastes look shit, congratulations, you must feel like good human beings. :)

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Hey, I like plenty of mainstream stuff. I just hate Fight Club, I think it's overblown, self indulgent, pretentious shit.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
Hey, I like plenty of mainstream stuff. I just hate Fight Club, I think it's overblown, self indulgent, pretentious shit.
it was entertaining

i just disagree with people thinking it's some kind of manifesto

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
who cares i think its a good movie- what do u really care?

other movies get blown out of proportion all of the time- its just a phase

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I think I actually own it, somewhere, so it's not like I can't appreciate it as entertainment. But yeah... I think it's cause I know so many fuckwits thinking that it *is* some kind of manifesto ('our great depression is our lives. we are spiritually void.' ooh! deep!) that I've grown to see it as utterly pretentious and ultimately self indulgent. I've seen it like... 3 times? That was more than enough.
Basically, Chuck Palahniuk is not a messiah, he is not a revolutionary, he is not one of the great thinkers of the 20th century, and to suggest that he is is complete fucking bullshit.

chelloveck

HSC
glycerine said:
I think I actually own it, somewhere, so it's not like I can't appreciate it as entertainment. But yeah... I think it's cause I know so many fuckwits thinking that it *is* some kind of manifesto ('our great depression is our lives. we are spiritually void.' ooh! deep!) that I've grown to see it as utterly pretentious and ultimately self indulgent. I've seen it like... 3 times? That was more than enough.
Basically, Chuck Palahniuk is not a messiah, he is not a revolutionary, he is not one of the great thinkers of the 20th century, and to suggest that he is is complete fucking bullshit.
apparently if you have something in your signature it means you deem it revolutionary. i guess i can't argue with that logic.

no one suggested that it was. it has some interesting ideas. but you guys can't get past your arrogant pretence in which you dismiss anything that isn't out there in obscurity.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha, actually hun, I have signatures turned off, cuz up until last week I was on dialup and was getting the shits with all the image heavy sigs that made every page slooow to load. I had no idea up until just then that you'd quoted fight club in your sig.

You're assuming that because YOU don't call it a manifesto, that no one does. I know plenty of pretentious adolescent boys who say exactly that and quote it everytime they think it'll make them appear deep or rebellious. Good for you if you don't consider it a manifesto or revolution. Unfortunately, I wasn't actually referring specifically to you.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
chelloveck said:
just can't help it, can you? that whole condescending thing.
so are you going to dispute the bit where i proved you wrong, or just (as dickpants said) pick on my choice of pet names?

chelloveck

HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
so since you find no fault with her argument you pick on her manorisms

nice work
what was it i said to you? something along the lines of please stop talking to me?

her argument: her attack seemed pretty specific, so i thought it was on me. i now conceed that it wasn't. congratulations. that doesn't stop her manerisms from being patronising though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)