Rank + Friendship (1 Viewer)

HSC
People in my school these days, its just all about ranking, but strangely not me... anyone out there would want there friend to be 1st and that you wouldn't mind coming like 2nd or you would just hate the person who is coming first???

HSC
my friend is coming 1st in cafs & i am more than happy for her!! she totally deserves it!

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
nah if its a friend..yes i wouldnt mind at all..id be happier in fact.
but if its a mean arrogant ***** or moron...yes HATE HATE

lychnobity

HSC
Depends on who the friend is.

There are very few people above me in ranking that I don't hate in some form. Although, I could probably accept it, if I can see they deserve 1st place more than I do.

j92

HSC
only when the people cheat to get first place do i hate them

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
People in my school these days, its just all about ranking, but strangely not me... anyone out there would want there friend to be 1st and that you wouldn't mind coming like 2nd or you would just hate the person who is coming first???
I agree too. HSC has taken over the brains of many people at my school and shamefully, people are reluctant to share their work and etc.

Personally, I perceive that to be an ultimate form of abomination. Yes, HSC is important but it shouldn't be practised to the extent when it takes over our sense of integrity and friendship which will last much longer than what HSC does!

To be completely honest, I have NO problem in someone beating me. Yes, I do want to come first but that's purely because of the sense of achieve I get from it. If I don't deserve it, first place would be meaningless.

Recently I told my maths teacher of the error in the exam paper. By doing so, I made myself vulnerable to losing 2 marks from my 100%, hence losing my rank to the guy who was unfairly marked due to the error. As I knew that he did better than I did, I had NO problem whatsoever about presenting that issue to the teacher. In the end, I didn't lose my marks...I am not quit sure how that happened....I guess being honest works...lol

But that's just me who doesn't need high UAI like others. In saying that, I would salute anyone who goes out of their way to help others.

They ARE THE ONES who are really smart. Because at the end of the day, HSC is a team work. It's a group effort. You want to help everyone so that they can help you when it comes to HSC externals.

I justs hope that people don't become somd kind of dickheads and try to help if others ask for one.

BTW, I wouldnt' care who comes first as long as it's fair and square. :)

j92

HSC
maths takes up 93% of my time grr id take all the marks

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
I agree too. HSC has taken over the brains of many people at my school and shamefully, people are reluctant to share their work and etc.

Personally, I perceive that to be an ultimate form of abomination. Yes, HSC is important but it shouldn't be practised to the extent when it takes over our sense of integrity and friendship which will last much longer than what HSC does!

To be completely honest, I have NO problem in someone beating me. Yes, I do want to come first but that's purely because of the sense of achieve I get from it. If I don't deserve it, first place would be meaningless.

Recently I told my maths teacher of the error in the exam paper. By doing so, I made myself vulnerable to losing 2 marks from my 100%, hence losing my rank to the guy who was unfairly marked due to the error. As I knew that he did better than I did, I had NO problem whatsoever about presenting that issue to the teacher. In the end, I didn't lose my marks...I am not quit sure how that happened....I guess being honest works...lol

But that's just me who doesn't need high UAI like others. In saying that, I would salute anyone who goes out of their way to help others.

They ARE THE ONES who are really smart. Because at the end of the day, HSC is a team work. It's a group effort. You want to help everyone so that they can help you when it comes to HSC externals.

I justs hope that people don't become somd kind of dickheads and try to help if others ask for one.

great speech.

jet

Banned
HSC
In our year, we are naturally competitive though, in a friendly fashion.
I myself always go out of my way to help out everyone else; nothing makes me happier. [Some might say I go a little too far out of my way lol]

Our classes always battle out the ranks, though, at the end of the day, we know there are things beyond school.

I myself realise that the HSC and UAI are largely based on rank, and both force people to pit it out in academic dog fights to see who comes out on top. So, while I do put friends first, this won't stop me from trying my hardest, because I have goals in life, and I would do [nearly] anything to reach them. That doesn't mean that I would stab people in the back, though I won't feel bad for beating a friend by 0.001% for 1st place (this has happened to me btw) because I worked that little bit harder.

For me, what happens inside that classroom, and that study centre, is separate from what happens on the playground.

studentcheese

HSC
I'd prefer it if my friends came first place, so that they won't be jealous of me. Yes, I hate people who come first place other than me and my friends.

HSC
In our year, we are naturally competitive force people to pit it out in academic dog fights to see who comes out on top.
true, it always annoys me that some people don't appreciate what you done for them, they get a shit mark they blame on you. But if they get a good mark they think it's because of them

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

You are a true hero! I salute you!

BTW thats 100% true as well! again I Salute you!

As for me, If anyone needs help I try my best to help them, as for one of my "friends", he came first in a subject in the half yearlies last year, I asked him for help and all I got in return was comments "You should go study on your own and leave me alone", so Since then I've developed a hate towards this "friend" of mine... But that helped motivate me and come first in the yearlies

:rofl:

fishbulb

HSC
I turned the ranking thing into a competition with my best friend. We were both doing really well in chem, our assesment marks were like 0.5% different. In the end, he ended up coming first and by 1%. But we got the exact same mark in the hsc exam itself, but he ended up with 93 while i got 92.

In the end, both very pleased with our marks, but i ended up with a higher uai.:)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I would prefer if I, or one of my friends gets it. Mainly because we work our arses of together and we actually share and help each other in every way possible :)

But I'm happy for whoever gets first because they must've worked their arses off to earn it ^^

Aplus

HSC
N/A
If you are jealous of/hate people who are ranked higher than you, that just says something about yourself, which isn't all too flattering by the way.

joben

HSC
nah if its a friend..yes i wouldnt mind at all..id be happier in fact.
but if its a mean arrogant ***** or moron...yes HATE HATE
I totally agree with this dude - ESPECIALLY the part about the arrogant person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)