Ranking first is both under and over rated (1 Viewer)

gizdonk2

HSC
In Hist ext, I was first and got an exam of 46. 2nd got an exam of 47, but I still got 46 for assessment because 2nd was a tied ranking. Thus I was scaled down by my school captain despite being ranked first, I should have gotten 47 = overrated.

In business, my teacher ranked me 3rd because of her bias (lol if you remember all my posts). 1st got 89 exam, 2nd got 91 and I got 95. So because of bias and first ranking, 1st has a higher HSC mark than me despite being 6 marks lower. Fml. Sorry, just overrated.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
In Hist ext, I was first and got an exam of 46. 2nd got an exam of 47, but I still got 46 for assessment because 2nd was a tied ranking. Thus I was scaled down by my school captain despite being ranked first, I should have gotten 47 = overrated.

In business, my teacher ranked me 3rd because of her bias (lol if you remember all my posts). 1st got 89 exam, 2nd got 91 and I got 95. So because of bias and first ranking, 1st has a higher HSC mark than me despite being 6 marks lower. Fml. Sorry, just overrated.
Were you outright first for History internally? Because if so, you should have received your cohort's highest Examination Mark (which is at least 47) as your Assessment Mark, shouldn't you?

gizdonk2

HSC
Were you outright first for History internally? Because if so, you should have received your cohort's highest Examination Mark (which is at least 47) as your Assessment Mark, shouldn't you?
That's what I'm thinking. I think I've gotten an average of second because it is a tied ranking. Is that right? Yes I am definitely solo first.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
That's what I'm thinking. I think I've gotten an average of second because it is a tied ranking. Is that right? Yes I am definitely solo first.
If you're outright first internally, as far as I'm aware it should be irrelevant that second place was a tied ranking.

Dellrune

HSC
N/A
I don't see why you are trying to bring down others, who may not be in the same situation as you. Others may have come outright first internally and externally, I can't see why you'd try and downplay their accomplishments.

dont rate these neg vibes

gizdonk2

HSC
I don't see why you are trying to bring down others, who may not be in the same situation as you. Others may have come outright first internally and externally, I can't see why you'd try and downplay their accomplishments.

dont rate these neg vibes
I'm saying that it is such a prestiged/desired position, yet it isn't as good as you think. The benefits it provides are overrated, as seen from my post. I don't see your complaint. First got 89, yet I got 95 and he will steal my mark because my schools fucked.

Last edited:

gizdonk2

HSC
I contacted bostes and they said there's no mistake, despite second getting 47. Fml.

D94

HSC
N/A
You were not outright first, you were tied first. Schools submit whole marks to BOS in order for them to determine your rank. Say you were on 86.4% and the next student was on 85.8%, then you would both be first.

The assessment is now the average of the two highest marks, being 46 and 47, but even those marks are rounded. If those marks are rounded up, you could very well end up with a 46 assessment mark. Average that with your exam mark and 46 is indeed your mark.

gizdonk2

HSC
You were not outright first, you were tied first. Schools submit whole marks to BOS in order for them to determine your rank. Say you were on 86.4% and the next student was on 85.8%, then you would both be first.

The assessment is now the average of the two highest marks, being 46 and 47, but even those marks are rounded. If those marks are rounded up, you could very well end up with a 46 assessment mark. Average that with your exam mark and 46 is indeed your mark.

No, I am ranked solo first. Seconds rank said 2 on the studentsonline site. Our rounded marks were not the same

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
What did second get for HSC; assessment and overall. If there is GENUINELY an issue; ring BOSTES.

As far your business studies; I would advise you to get over it pretty quickly after tommorow.

Mark is irrelevant rank it is what counts. Has nothing to do with bias; that was sorted out in the other posts; that there were actual problems in your exam that you were penalised for. You aren't the only person who may feel like this; but it happens. It is difference of 2 ranks; hardly a major difference. Depending on what your assessment mark is; you may have a higher or similar final mark in Business Studies to rank 1.

Your situation where you do better rank 1 does not JUSTIFY/PROVE that you deserved being given rank 1 in internals; from what I have read from your previous posts; there is no indication to suggest that you deserved rank 1.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm saying that it is such a prestiged/desired position, yet it isn't as good as you think. The benefits it provides are overrated, as seen from my post. I don't see your complaint. First got 89, yet I got 95 and he will steal my mark because my schools fucked.
Clearly you have an issue with taking responsibility for the marks you got into the business studies trial. Because from the signs of it; you seem to blaming what IN THE LONG RUN OF LIFE will be a small insignificant thing; on someone else. Take charge of your own life. You get what you put in.

D94

HSC
N/A
No, I am ranked solo first. Seconds rank said 2 on the studentsonline site. Our rounded marks were not the same
Clerical errors are extremely rare. How certain are you that 2nd didn't actually tie first with you? It's the only other logical explanation. You did not get 46 for your assessment mark because 2nd had a tie. You were not scaled down. That's simply incorrect.

gizdonk2

HSC
Mark is irrelevant rank it is what counts. Has nothing to do with bias; that was sorted out in the other posts; that there were actual problems in your exam that you were penalised for. It is difference of 2 ranks; hardly a major difference.

Your situation where you do better rank 1 does not JUSTIFY/PROVE that you deserved being given rank 1 in internals; from what I have read from your previous posts; there is no indication to suggest that you deserved rank 1.
Mate, you are soooooo determined not to just listen and believe me. In the HSC exam, 1st got 87, 2nd got 90 and I on 3rd got 95. Because of her bias, I only got 89 for the assessment, where I should have gotten 95 and been first, as I would have been if my teacher didn't leave half way through they year. Believe me, knowing she was bias, I didn't change a thing, yet extremely out performed 1st and 2nd, where in trials she put the 20% above me. There is absolutely no better indication than the HSC exams to prove bias marking. Those "hardly major difference" is a joke and you saying there is no indication to support it, despite me going better when every other teacher I've had is marking makes you a cynic.

gizdonk2

HSC
Clerical errors are extremely rare. How certain are you that 2nd didn't actually tie first with you? It's the only other logical explanation. You did not get 46 for your assessment mark because 2nd had a tie. You were not scaled down. That's simply incorrect.

I will tell you once and for all. I was ranked solo first, as reported by students online, my teacher and when I rang up. 2nds exam mark was 47 and assessment 43. I was first and got exam and assessment of 46. I rang them up, overrode several old idiots until i spoke to head of credentials and they wouldn't change, saying it was fair. What else could I do, ring Chris Pyne? I will bloody upload the other guys students online, which says his rank was 2nd, not possible if we were tied.

Last edited:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
But your Hist Ext mark is scaled based off you Modern/Ancient mark too - so maybe that played a factor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)