• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ranking (2 Viewers)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Dependent upon:

Level of other students
school
subject

ect.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
tambourine said:
is it bad to be ranked second out of a class of 2 or 4?
No. With a canidature of 2 people, all you really need to do is try to come 1st, by how much doesn't matter. With 4 you should also try to come first. However if you are 2nd or 3rd or 4th, so long as you (and your peers) do well in the hsc exam, it shouldn't matter.

tambourine

HSC
extension 2 maths...i'm second and the guy coming first is pretty hard to beat
umm extension 1 maths..i'm second in a class of four..i doubt i'll ever come third but i can't be too sure

ccc123

HSC
tambourine said:
extension 2 maths...i'm second and the guy coming first is pretty hard to beat
umm extension 1 maths..i'm second in a class of four..i doubt i'll ever come third but i can't be too sure
All you can do is strive to be 1, but considering the competance of number 1 and the subject, I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Good luck!

tambourine

HSC
hmm well i think i am pretty close..i beat him in both half yearlies but i think he's still coming first..i have a feeling the gap between us will increase especially in extension 2...however i think i can stay close if i work real hard...it would feel great to beat him in the HSC lol

tambourine

HSC
me121 said:
No. With a canidature of 2 people, all you really need to do is try to come 1st, by how much doesn't matter. With 4 you should also try to come first. However if you are 2nd or 3rd or 4th, so long as you (and your peers) do well in the hsc exam, it shouldn't matter.
And if they don't do well in the HSC exam does that mean that my marks will suffer?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
tambourine said:
And if they don't do well in the HSC exam does that mean that my marks will suffer?
put it this way, if you come 2nd at school, then they all bomb out in the hsc, then your high hsc mark will push up one of theirs's assessment mark, and your assessment mark will be not so great. but usually if they beat you in the school assessment, then they will perform about the same as you in the hsc exam, which means you are not really affected. (it is unlikelly that they beat you by heaps at school, but then in the hsc you beat them by heaps.)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Why don't we put it this way?

The harder/smarter you study, the higher rank you will get. The higher rank you get, the higher UAI you can expect.

Let's put aside all the scaling issues. I think that is the easiest way to succeed.

jcurry

HSC
lyounamu said:
Why don't we put it this way?

The harder/smarter you study, the higher rank you will get. The higher rank you get, the higher UAI you can expect.

Let's put aside all the scaling issues. I think that is the easiest way to succeed.
well put

lionking1191

HSC
if you are ranked 2/2, you'd betta hope that the other guy doesn't get drunk or something and fail his/her hsc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)