ranking .. (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
general question which i have been wondering ...

how important is ranking in contributing to your final hsc result? (eg you come 1st or at least in top 5)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
how important is ranking in contributing to your final hsc result? (eg you come 1st or at least in top 5)
ABSOLUTELY VITAL! :eek:

Loz_metalhead

HSC
VERY important...I think it may affect how your hsc mark is aligned aswel...don't quote me on that...

tennille

HSC
Say you are coming third in a subject with a mark of 88%. You do the HSC and your HSC exam result is 85% and is the fourth highest in your school. The third highest HSC exam result is 87%. The assessment mark you will receive will be 87% (because you were coming third in your school, and therefore, you will receive the third highest HSC exam result as your assessment mark), and your HSC exam result will be the actual exam result you received, therefore, 85%.

So, ranks are quite important.

P

pLuvia

Ranks can change anything, say you got 60% and you came first that's heaps good compared to like say, 80% and you came 30th :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
An extreme case... you get 98% yet come last. :D

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ranks are very very important, but don't worry about them too much as of yet, because no matter what your ranks are after the 1st assessment in any subject, you have 3 whole terms to improve those ranks (talking from experience).

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
general question which i have been wondering ...

if you come 1st in final rankings, you get the highest mark that your school gets in the exams as your assessment rank.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
haha thanks ive had a really good start already in most of my assignments, but exams are the things that will fck me up : half yearlies and trials comin up aiyah ><" for some reason i always fck em up as i am really bad at producing top quality work under exam conditions ..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
for some reason i always fck em up as i am really bad at producing top quality work under exam conditions ..
That used to happen to me too in my year 11 exams. You just need to calm down a little and realise that this isn't the end of your life. It's the beginning of an exciting path to enlightenment.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Ranks are important, but they're not the be-all and end all. It's better to be last in a class that averages 90 in the HSC exam than to come first in a class that averages 50 in the HSC exam. If your rank is relatively low, but your class is very competitive, then you shoulodn't be too concerned. f your rank is high, but in a more average class, you need to put extra work in at the exam to make sure that good rank isn't wasted by an abysmal exam mark.

I_F

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Does that mean that it is impossible for everyone to get in the 90's.

And that someone has to get a very low mark

P

pLuvia

sando said:
Does that mean that it is impossible for everyone to get in the 90's.

And that someone has to get a very low mark
Everyone can get in the 90s for their HSC marks, but for the UAI it is a rank, i.e. if you get a UAI of 90, you beat 90% of the students

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)