Votes: 44 21.2%
  • Easy

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of actual question difficulty, I don't think anything was "not-doable". What made the paper more difficult was timing - given an extra 10 mins it would've been possible to nut it all out.
Yeah, it was abit packed with crap - Question 5 was harder than expected.

HSC
it was long and tedious

in hindsight there was so much on that paper that was far easier than i initially thought, but exam pressure etc idk

forthehsc

HSC
In terms of actual question difficulty, I don't think anything was "not-doable". What made the paper more difficult was timing - given an extra 10 mins it would've been possible to nut it all out.
yeah i agree, overall the exam wasn't hard it was more challenging and time was a constraint especially if you couldn't quickly understand how to prove a certain question

Nympha

HSC
Yeah, it was abit packed with crap - Question 5 was harder than expected.
They did to 3 unit what they did to 4 unit. They just changed up the order of difficulty of the questions. Question 6 was pretty doable, so to compensate for that question 5 was harder.
I'm just glad there was no ridiculous probability stuff like last year's question 7.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Now everyone complains saying it was difficult but no one wanted any heklp at the start of the year. Make up your mind LOLOLLOO.
LOL, how long are you going to keep on mentioning this?! So obvious that you're still not over it after nearly a year.

And the fact that you're still labelling me as "only good for maths" after I outright proved you wrong ages ago is laughable. Don't tell me you still think I only do maths at uni....lol

Also, you still have this distorted view that people who've never even seen you online before (until maybe now) were somehow 'jerks' to you for not taking your tutoring services nearly a year ago....lol

Last edited:
N

noobed

See, even useless trebla (who is only good for maths) agrees that it was a fairly easy paper.

I was not trolling when I said it was easy. You guys got off easy on the perms/combs , probability and binomial theorm questions. There were tons of free marks in that paper.

"Find the y intercept" , "Differentiate e^(-x)" , etc.

You guys got given a easy paper that you could have aced and did really well, had you been prepared. Those questions were all stock standard. Now everyone complains saying it was difficult but no one wanted any heklp at the start of the year. Make up your mind LOLOLLOO.
I somewhat agree with you. People who found this paper hard just reflects their lack of study and preparation throughout the year. Good luck with your remaining HSC subjects.

marc8tom

HSC
Agreeing with a few people up there, the actual questions in the paper weren't hard; it was just like 2.5 hours worth of work, and you had to rush to do it all.

If you were to look at it now, most of them are quite straightforward. Except for Q5, that was just obscure.

friend177

HSC
Ah fuck this no point thinking about it now just going to pawned some noobs on bf3 laters

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Going by the poll results, it seems more people thought it was hard than how many 2008 people thought their exam was hard - percentage wise.

Deep Blue

HSC
Is is possible to extrapolate the data in the poll to the state cohort and hence, deduce the raw mark band cutoffs?

D94

HSC
N/A
Going by the poll results, it seems more people thought it was hard than how many 2008 people thought their exam was hard - percentage wise.
Assuming they did the 2008 paper. But under exam conditions, even the smallest thing can exacerbate a situation.

Nympha

HSC
Is is possible to extrapolate the data in the poll to the state cohort and hence, deduce the raw mark band cutoffs?
Errr, definitely not. A sample of 60 out of 7000 or whatever is definitely not representative of the state (particularly since it's a BoS sample). There's also no way of knowing if people truthfully voted or voted for lulz.

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
LOL you wish! First of all, the sample needs to be sufficiently large and representative of the population!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Going by these results however, you COULD assume that the E4 cut-off would be lowered to suit the increased difficulty but finding the exact cut-off would be almost impossible.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Going by these results however, you COULD assume that the E4 cut-off would be lowered to suit the increased difficulty but finding the exact cut-off would be almost impossible.
Lol, why so intent in making us think it was THAT hard? It wasn't bad, definitely not one of the hardest.. Everyone stuffs up due to nervousness in the real hsc. If you look back at the exam, if you had a clear mindset at that time, you really would have found it average or at most slightly above average.
Besides, it doesn't really matter whether it was difficult because it will all get scaled.

Nympha

HSC
Lol, why so intent in making us think it was THAT hard? It wasn't bad, definitely not one of the hardest.. Everyone stuffs up due to nervousness in the real hsc. If you look back at the exam, if you had a clear mindset at that time, you really would have found it average or at most slightly above average.
Besides, it doesn't really matter whether it was difficult because it will all get scaled.
I agree. It wasn't that difficult.
I think what would have thrown a lot of people was the.. uhh, "quirky" question 5. But really, all they did was swap the difficulties of question 5 and 6.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Wasn't especially difficult by any means. The only reason it may have seemed difficult is that the hardest question in the paper was Q5 rather than Q6-Q7. Otherwise it was fairly on par with most years (it made up for its lack of true "mindfuck" questions by having more questions with more working).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)